CD 25 Newbie

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

PWadsworth

CD 25 Newbie

Post by PWadsworth »

Hi, guys and gals

I just took delivery of my Cape Dory 25, hull 129, and will be attempting to get her in shape and in the water ASAP.

My wife Marcia and I have a Bristol Corinthian daysailer, and have been enjoying it since last December, sailing on the central coast of Chile, but we want to go farther so we are moving up to the CD 25 and hope to sail her down to the Patagonian canals in January and February.

In an earlier life I had a background in the fishing industry, but it was mostly on land, so consider me a newbie. I´m prettty much retired now, and rarin´to go learning new stuff. I hope I won´t bore you all with dumb questions.

Fair winds and following seas,

Peter Wadsworth
CD 25 S/V Trinity
Big E
Salem, MA

Re: CD 25 Newbie

Post by Big E »

Congrats! As a fellow CD 25 owner, I am confident you will get much enjoyment out of her. She's a great ol' gal that's easy to maintain and even easier to sail single handedly. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten wherever I go. As far as dumb questions go, there is no such thing. The people on this site are super supportive and are generally more than willing to give great advice. DO NOT HESITATE to ask any question! Best of luck on your new endeavor.
Chrisa006

Post by Chrisa006 »

Congratulations!!! As a newbie as well, I have found so much help and good info here.
I was also told, so I pass it on post a picture of your boat..
Chris Anderheggen
CD25 "Windsong"
Catalina 30 "Kestrel"
Catalina 387 " Parrot Cay"
Credo quia absurdum
MFC
Hull No.128

Post by MFC »

Congrats and Welcome Peter! Your boat is a 25D?
Would love to see some pics of your cruising grounds when you get a chance.

-Matt