Boat Insurance

Cruising on your Cape Dory? Let us know your whereabouts and post cruise updates here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Lola45

Boat Insurance

Post by Lola45 »

Looking for recommendations from those out there cruising for where to look for boat insurance. My cruising grounds will be from the Canadian Maritimes to the Bahamas.
Doug Oliver
CD33 Lola
Bucks Harbor, Maine
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: Boat Insurance

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Doug:

For the past 5-6 years I have had marine insurance through BoatUS. I have not had any issues. I once hauled out in anticipation of a hurricane. They sent me (and all policy holders) a letter reminding all that they pay a portion of haul out costs for a hurricane. For me they paid 1/2 the haul out cost.

I have unlimited towing, etc. My rate is higher because I am "privileged" to live in the middle of "Hurricane Alley". :cry:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Boat Insurance

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

We have a Boat U.S. policy as well. A basic policy covers the waters from Maine to Jacksonville, FL. You may need a rider if you want to include the rest of Florida and the Bahamas.

-Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay