1974 Typhoon "Baggy Wrinkles" on the market!

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Skeep
Location: Previously CD Typhoon #729, now Alberg 30 Hull #614

1974 Typhoon "Baggy Wrinkles" on the market!

Post by Skeep »

From one Alberg to another, First Mate and I are putting our "itty bitty" yacht on the market for 7K, includes both vessel and extended tongue trailer.

Send PM to get Word Document with complete information and Schedule A of all components. See blog to answer many questions on the last 4 years of our ownership.

Our "Baggy Wrinkles" will be available after she performs at the Typhoon Nationals at the Rappahannock Yacht Club the first weekend in June. Deposit will hold her.

Skeep
Supporting Member #1576 of the CDSOA
Current Vessel, Alberg 30 Hull #614 to be named yet
Formerly S/V Hull #729 "Baggy Wrinkles"
Blogsite for Alberg Ty and Alberg 30 continues athttp://baggywrinkles.blogspot.com
Located at Lake Murray Sailing Club, Chapin South Carolina
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Re: 1974 Typhoon "Baggy Wrinkles" on the market!

Post by trapper »

She is lovely!
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Post by trapper »

She is lovely!
ariasis

Post by ariasis »

How can this be? Plus I think you have under priced what is one of the finest Typhoons out there.
Sincerely,

Chris B.
http://bristol-blue.blogspot.com/

"It is the Average Sailor, the one who will never set any records or win any major trophies, who really populates the sailing world." Ray Whitaker

"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have waited for centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing."- John Andrew Holmes
Skeep

Post by Skeep »

Going from one Alberg to another, the Adventure continues....

I'm sure Baggy Wrinkles will find her new Skipper as captivated and adoring as I am. Thanks all.
Skeep
Blogsite for Alberg Ty and Alberg 30 continues athttp://baggywrinkles.blogspot.com
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

Form one Alberg to another...?
What type is the new Alberg and can you ever make her as beautiful as Baggy Wrinkles?
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
Skeep

Post by Skeep »

It's hard to top the essential lines of the Cape Dory Typhoon and her fascinating mix of old world charm and timeless design. But if anyone can, Alberg does. We've decided to move into the Alberg 30 and to do much of the same to her as we did to Baggy Wrinkles.

It took a lot of nerve to list this girl for sale. I love her seaworthiness and her charm. I'm a one-boat skipper, alas. Listing her notice here is out of great respect for the many Alberg Skippers of the Cape Dory fleet.

This will probably be another 2 cigar and several fingers evenings.
Skeep
ariasis

Post by ariasis »

Can't wait to see the new boat.
Sincerely,

Chris B.

"It is the Average Sailor, the one who will never set any records or win any major trophies, who really populates the sailing world." Ray Whitaker

"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have waited for centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing."- John Andrew Holmes
Dan McNece

Post by Dan McNece »

Skeep wrote:First Mate and I are putting our "itty bitty" yacht on the market
My first thought on the title was... Wait!? What!?!

She's a beauty and I have enjoyed following your adventures on your blog. I hope she finds herself in a new home with just as much care as you have shown her.

Now, I'm interested in what's going on next. Another Alberg sounds good.
Daniel - Rhapsody Blog
“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” — Lao Tzu
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Skeep:

Is Lake Murray large enough for an Alberg 30 or will you be sailing her on the coast :?:

I am still thinking about moving to the area around Lake Murray (well outside of hurricanes).
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Skeep

Post by Skeep »

Roberto, make contact with an agent who has served me well twice in 5 years and who lives near Lake Murray, Angie Deloach (angie.deloach@era.com)

We're planning on working on the Alberg while at Lake Murray and in about 4-5 years transferring her via trailer to sailing venues like Florida Gulf, Great Lakes, New England and the Chesapeake. So this will give us time to get to know her moods before we set out.

There will never be another Baggy Wrinkles however!
Skeep
ariasis

Post by ariasis »

I know where there are some if the best fresh water beaches in the Great Lakes. Swing by when you get up here.
Sincerely,

Chris B.

Skeep

Post by Skeep »

While we are in the midst of several things Baggy Wrinkles is taking a nap:

I think you can tell a lot about a vessel by the way it is cared for.... :wink: The first prototype mooring cover by Sailors Tailor has been simply outstanding for the Dory. I really have not one complaint. Nice parking place hum?

And when it is time to play, she's all rested and ready to splash! Love this trailer too, with extended tongue makes for ridiculously simple launching. Well balanced, and great tires, air pressure maintained, and electrical connections solid.

With the mono-urethane Epifanes bottom I can leave Baggy Wrinkles in the water for several days of sailing at a time with out any worries. Epifanes told me to enjoy the results a slick bottom provides! LOL I haven't seen any speed records broken however!
Skeep
Skeep

Post by Skeep »

Purchaser has spoken for the sailing vessel Baggy Wrinkles ( Sale Pending )
Skeep
Skeep

Post by Skeep »

Yes, dear ole Baggy Wrinkles is celebrating her final Memorial Day with us as her next Skipper has slapped money on the Barrel for her and is getting ready for the first date.

We'll be heading to the RRYC for the Nationals next week and look forward to rubbing teak together one last time for us, at a great event. Baggy Wrinkles has been an endearing class design for us and though we hate the pain of separation, we are glad her new owners seem to have fallen deeply in love with her. We gotta let her go but it's like letting go of your favorite dog!

Her big sister, an Alberg 30 is being pried from the ice of Nova Scotia and will arrive here mid-June. We've already applied for Membership in the Alberg 30 Association but will fondly remember this group of fine associates and sailors, (different people for sure), and the many enlightening posts we've shared.

So, this is from one Alberg to another.

What a splendid design and build. What countless pleasure it has been to "mess around in the Cape Dory Typhoon." Unforgettable.

One of the fine snaps my First Mate took will always show what a Classic this boat is and what makes sailing the Typhoon such a pleasure:

Skeep