1983 CD25D for sale Cape Cod SOLD!!!

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Starfish

1983 CD25D for sale Cape Cod SOLD!!!

Post by Starfish »

Rascal is a 1983 CD25D. She is a unique boat with a binnacle/wheel, so she feels like a larger boat. She is otherwise completely original, in good condition, and has been professionally maintained at boat yards in Falmouth and Wellfleet.
Her 1 gm Yanmar inboard diesel has been replaced as has her fuel tank. She has been fitted with a dripless stuffing box.
The jib was new last year and the main is in good condition. Sails are professionally cleaned and stored annually. We offer her as a turnkey boa with flares, bumpers, binoculars, and everything needed to take her out. Sale also includes a canvas winter cover with metal frame, dock power cord and some spares. We have owned her for the last 7-8 years and she has been lightly day sailed off a mooring in Provincetown Harbor and Cape Cod Bay. We just don't feel that we are utilizing her capabilities in this manner and are looking to down size to a day sailor. She is ready for spring launch and available for viewing in Wellfleet MA. Asking price: $9,000 or BO
Additional photos upon request
Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 559 times
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG (1.41 MiB) Viewed 592 times
IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0045.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 592 times
Last edited by Starfish on Sep 9th, '16, 09:24, edited 4 times in total.
sciottos

Re: 1983 CD25D for sale Cape Cod

Post by sciottos »

Nice boat...saw it on craigslist as well. I considered buying it, but it's probably too large for me to self-transport with my half-ton Chevy Avalanche Z71.

I opted for a smaller, lighter Typhoon Senior since it'll mainly be my wife, my 10-year old son and myself sailing it, and I know I can tow it 1,000+ miles with my truck.

However, once I've learned to sail well, I'll be moving up in size.

Good luck on your sale.

Steve