Northeast Fleet Cabin Fever Luncheon -- Feb. 20, 2016

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Watermark II

Post by Watermark II »

I know there was a recent post about the 2016 Feb luncheon but I cant remember the date.
Hopefully there will be more info in the near future.
Thanks,
Andy
CD30K #2
Member #668
Webmaster wrote:Subject line modified by webmaster.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Northeast cabin fever lunch date

Post by Neil Gordon »

Cabin Fever is February 20.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Watermark II

Post by Watermark II »

Thanks,
Nancy and I will be there.
Andy
jen1722terry

Post by jen1722terry »

Wonderful, we missed it last year. We live about 90 minutes north and will drive on down to meet the other owners.

We kept our 31 at Great Bay Marina in 2013/14, just across the bay from this restaurant. It's a good old fashioned fish joint and great fun.

See you all next month, and a very happy holidays to all of you.

Jenn and Terry
Jennifer & Terry McAdams
Kearsarge, New Hampshire
Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
CD 31 #33 "Glissade"
Way too many other small boats
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Luncheon info and registration form now online...

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

CDSOA Northeast Fleet
2016 Annual Cabin Fever Luncheon

Newick’s Lobster House, Dover, NH
February 20, 2016

Please register by February 16, 2016!

Questions? Contact Event Organizers: Bob & Susan Lascelles Ph: 207-363-5009; Email: rlascell [at] gmail [dot] com.

Luncheon Information: http://www.capedory.org/fleetevents/NE- ... erInfo.pdf
Online Registration Form: http://www.capedory.org/fleetevents/NE- ... egform.php

Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Between the NE Fleet Winter Meeting and the NE Fleet Cabin Fever Luncheon it seems like the NE Fleet has a lot of "get togethers".

Can a Southern Miami boy join the NE Fleet or is that reserved for those who reside in the NE :?: Is there a special membership handshake :?:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Bob Lascelles

Re: Northeast Fleet Cabin Fever Luncheon -- Feb. 20, 2016

Post by Bob Lascelles »

Robert

We'll have to check with the Fleet Captain about you joining the NE Fleet! :D We do enjoy our winter get togethers, but the trade off is the sailing season is a little too short (in my opinion.)

Regarding the secret handshake, we are working on a secret instructional video. :wink:

Fair winds
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

It would be a treat to have Roberto join us for both of our events. Maybe we could treat him to a nice northeast blizzard......or he could bring us some temps in the 80's :D
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Jim Walsh wrote:Maybe we could treat him to a nice northeast blizzard......or he could bring us some temps in the 80's :D
This Saturday we tied a record for a high (84) on 09 January. Tomorrow it is projected to be 83 in Miami. We are told by the weather gods that a "cold front" (74 highs) is anticipated for a few days next week. Oh joy :!:

So far, South Florida has had some of the highest recorded temps on record in Miami. I might just like a "northeast blizzard". :wink:
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

Roberto, We are at a very chilly 8 degrees this morning here in Saint Louis :!: We won't see 74 for five months.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
jen1722terry

Post by jen1722terry »

Warm again up here today in Kearsarge, near North Conway, NH. Due to go up to 48 with hard rains. The record high for today is only 52. Jenn and I are not skiers (at least not downhill), but we feel for the folks who drove all the way up here to ski for the weekend.

I lived in south Florida for a year (Lauderdale) in one of those trailer parks with the pig pool complex. About half the residents were Quebecers from our dear neighbor to the north. Some days in January it could get chilly (for south Florida) - high 40s/low 50s. We locals would don our sweaters and wind breakers and soldier on. The Canadians, however, would still wear their tank tops and bikinis and splash all day in the pool.

It's all relative, I suppose.

Some friends are nearing completion of their long (4 months +) cruise from Nova Scotia and down the ICW on their Catalina 28. We heard this morning that it's warm in St. Augustine but quite stormy, enough to break two sailboats off their moorings and drive them into a low bridge. Fortunately, our friends were in a snug marina.

Anyhow, Jenn and I are looking forward to meeting you all at the Cabin Fever do next month. It should be great fun.

Cheers!
Jennifer & Terry McAdams
Kearsarge, New Hampshire
Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
CD 31 #33 "Glissade"
Way too many other small boats
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Any Cape Dory owner or owner wannabe may attend...

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

You'll find these words on the documentation for all of our events:
All owners of both Cape Dory and Robinhood power and sailboats, CDSOA members and
non-members, are welcome to attend.

You'll find event documentation on the CDSOA's "Fleet Events" page at:
http://www.capedory.org/events.html

There is usually an additional fee for non-CDSOA members.

-Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.

PS: To al Fleet Captains and fleet event organizers, please don't forget to provide me with your full season schedules as soon as possible after your Winter Meetings. At that point, all I need is a list which includes for each event: Date, Name/Type of Event, and the Location. There's no special format, a simple email containing the list will do.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Bob Lascelles

Post by Bob Lascelles »

Roberto

All kidding aside about secret handshakes ....As Cathy says, all CDSOA members and interested non members are always welcome at CDSOA functions. So if you, any other CDSOA member, or someone just interested in Cape Dorys is up this way, please come to either or both events. If you can bring some of that 80 degree weather, that would however be a big bonus! :D

Ps there is no extra fee for guests at the CF Lunch.
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Bob:

Thanks :!: I was told by a past flag officer (who asked that his name be withheld for security reasons and is currently at an "undisclosed location") that there is both a secret handshake and a coded reciprocal security phrase.

Cathy:

Thank you for the reference. My post had actually inquired about "joining" the NE fleet versus "attending" a meeting. luncheon, etc. Under the CDSOA charter can you be a resident in one part of the country yet "join" a CDSOA fleet in another part of the country :?: Say, just as an example, residing in Miami and "joining" the NE Fleet. :D
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:Under the CDSOA charter can you be a resident in one part of the country yet "join" a CDSOA fleet in another part of the country :?: Say, just as an example, residing in Miami and "joining" the NE Fleet. :D
You're free to designate your Fleet, or be independent, as part of the joining/renewing process. Whether you get invited to events sponsored by your designated Fleet depends on how well the Fleet Captain knows you.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698