Ahoy !

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fmueller

Ahoy !

Post by fmueller »

Just thought I'd say hello, finally ...

Bought "Jerezana" at the very end of the summer of 2013 in Belfast. ME.

Trucked her to a shed in Bristol, RI that winter, where my son has a custom boat building concern:

http://carbonoceanyachts.blogspot.com/

Finally got her to her current home at Boston Shipyard Marina (slip F23) in East Boston (inner harbor) by last July.

Getting used to sailing again (extensive small boat sailing as a teen). Mostly single handing. Stayed pretty close to home all last summer, hope to venture forth, south or north, a few times this summer.

She's in good shape basically, solid little boat. I added some new electronics (B&G radar, plotter etc), tailing winches, spiffed up the brightwork.

PO (s) took good care of her. Cores all dry. Original YSM 8 (*&^%$# loud!!).

Her name goes back by at least two owners, and I kind of like the (exotic ?) ring of it, plus superstitious about renaming vessels. I like the idea that I am her temporary caretaker.

Give me a shout (cell# 508 250 1164) ... there was a CD 31 at my marina at the beginning of the summer (forgetting name - started with a "T"), but she was sold and vanished.

cheers ... Fred Mueller

a few pix:
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Ahoy !

Post by Neil Gordon »

Hi, Fred. We'll watch for you in Boston Harbor and especially around the Harbor Islands.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
boogie

Post by boogie »

Beautiful boat.
(The top picture is amazing, It shows a Boom-Boat.)
Jacob KB2C
SV "Malaika" PSC 37
fmueller

Post by fmueller »

@ Neil,

Bound to bump into you eventually ...

@ Jacob,

That stink pot sat up on that pier next to us most of the summer saving on gas I guess - in better days that used to be a military pier. Parts of the waterfront here are pretty beat up - I kind of like it - lots of "atmo" . Plus the marina itself has a pretty large live-aboard contingent, which adds color, and dilutes the snobbery you get across the harbor where all the shiny boats are berthed.

Fred
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay