1966 Cape Dory Typhoon for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
jhumphrys

1966 Cape Dory Typhoon for sale

Post by jhumphrys »

Hi,
My buddy and I have a 1966 (I think) typhoon. It has a brass plate inside on the stern indicating its hull number. This is a very nice boat. We replaced the weak floor last year as well as any worn or damaged wood. All the teak for the seats and cockpit has been refinished. There are some spyder cracks on the hull, but these are minor. The deck could use a fresh coat of paint. There are 2 complete sets of sails in very good condition.

It comes with a trailer with new tires. We bought a brand new 6hp Tohatsu extra long shaft motor last year ($1500) and only used it 3 times. It's under warranty for 3 years (2 remaining). I will have to check if it is transferrable.

We are asking $6500 for this very nice boat, motor, and trailer. I have a slip on the east end of the Cape Cod canal and this is just not a good place for this boat. I figured that I would start here with Cape Dory enthusists before going to Craig's list.

If interested you can send me email at john.humphrys@philips.com or call me after 4pm at 781 752 5158.
Skeep
Location: Previously CD Typhoon #729, now Alberg 30 Hull #614

Re: 1966 Cape Dory Typhoon for sale

Post by Skeep »

You might want to take a few pics and add them here via Photobucket or some other online photo editor. Some of us may know of someone interested in vessels from time to time and photos help so much.
Skeep
Supporting Member #1576 of the CDSOA
Current Vessel, Alberg 30 Hull #614 to be named yet
Formerly S/V Hull #729 "Baggy Wrinkles"
Blogsite for Alberg Ty and Alberg 30 continues athttp://baggywrinkles.blogspot.com
Located at Lake Murray Sailing Club, Chapin South Carolina
Interlude

Re: 1966 Cape Dory Typhoon for sale

Post by Interlude »

John,

Circa 1966 Typhoons built by Naugus will have have a rectangle builders plate; whereas later Cape Dory typhoons will have an oval builders plate. Also the early Naugus models had curved teak seat boards versus the straight teak planks used by Cape Dory.
Curious - what # is she? Please post photos.

-Mark
Mark Lay

INTERLUDE
Naugus Alberg Typhoon #22 (1964)
Irvington, Virginia