From the new CDSOA Commodore

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Re: From the new CDSOA Commodore

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Neil,

Congratulations to our new CDSOA Commodore.

It doesn't seem so long ago that the members were congratulating you on your passing the 2,500 mark for posting on the board. Wow, that was well over a 1,000 posts ago. You always did and still do write interesting and enjoyable posts.

The members, as well as myself personally, wish you a well deserved two years or more at the CDSOA helm. Thanks for everything.

Good on ya, mite.

O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Post by Joe Myerson »

Neil,
Congratulations on your ascension to the pinnacle of CDSOA authority. It's great to see that Rit has rejoined. Now, perhaps, we can do something for our Great Lakes refugee brethren and sisters.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Joe Myerson wrote:Neil,
Congratulations on your ascension to the pinnacle of CDSOA authority. It's great to see that Rit has rejoined. Now, perhaps, we can do something for our Great Lakes refugee brethren and sisters.

--Joe
Thanks, Joe.

As for our Great Lakes sailors, refugee status or otherwise, we're ready to support them in connection with any Cape Dory events they might ponder... same for any other gaggle of Cape Dory owners who might find themselves isolated from a Fleet.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Oswego John wrote:The members, as well as myself personally, wish you a well deserved two years or more at the CDSOA helm. Thanks for everything.
OJ,

Thanks, and you're welcome, except for the "or more" part! :)
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Ed Haley

Post by Ed Haley »

Fair sailing in the years ahead and keep the CDSOA close to your heart. See you at a meeting some time.