Typhoon Weekender Turnbuckles

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Jim1945
Location: 1977 CDTy Weekender #1423, Toledo, Ohio. Sailing Lake Erie, CDSOA #1651

Typhoon Weekender Turnbuckles

Post by Jim1945 »

I have the closed body turnbuckles. Will be ordering the open body 1/4 inch type probably from Garhauer. I know the wire is 1/8 inch and I think the swaged studs are 1/4 inch size. Is that correct on the studs? I also need new shrouds because the ones that came with the boat are about an inch and a half too short. Couldn't find anything when searched on the studs and turnbuckles. Thanks for your help.
Ernie Pollard

Re: Typhoon Weekender Turnbuckles

Post by Ernie Pollard »

call Dan at Rigging only 508-991-0434, had all my rigging done by them, great service and fast
Jim1945
Location: 1977 CDTy Weekender #1423, Toledo, Ohio. Sailing Lake Erie, CDSOA #1651

Re: Typhoon Weekender Turnbuckles

Post by Jim1945 »

Thanks for the reply Ernie. I'm going to use a local sail maker to provide the wire and complete the swaging. I'm guessing that the turnbuckles will be the 1/4" size and so also would be the studs. I will measure the studs on the current shrouds but I think I did measure them in the past and they measured quarter inch. Are yours quarter inch?