Looking to buy Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
fknops

Looking to buy Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender

Post by fknops »

Hello all,

I'm hoping to find a CD Weekender in good-to-excellent condition for sale, ideally in the mid-Atlantic / Chesapeake Bay area, but if I can't find that, I'm willing to look further along the east coast and fetch it back. I'm located in Northern Neck of Virginia. If you are selling yours, or know of someone who is, please post a reply. I'm not interested in taking on a restoration or a "project", but I'm hoping I can find something in very good shape that I can sail with my two young sons right away.

Thanks,
Fred
Joe M
Location: 1984 CD Typhoon "Itilldoo" & CD10 No.315 Cape May, NJ

Re: Looking to buy Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender

Post by Joe M »

Hello Fred

My Ty Weekender (1984) is currently on a mooring in Cape May NJ. She's in very good condition. All woodwork redone, new cockpit cushions, original cabin cushions, newer Doyle Main and Genny that are serviced annually, spinnaker, Honda 2HP, brand new never in the water Load Rite Trailer, lots of other stuff, including radio, depth finder, life jackets, docking lines bumpers, etc.

My price is firm at $10,000. The trailer that I just got in June was $1800 from the dealer.

I also have a dinghy to get to and from my mooring

PM me your contact info, we can discuss if you're interested and I'll send you some pics.

Joe
rjnale
Location: 1982 CD Typhoon Daysailer "Typhoon Mary" Hull #97 model K Syracuse NY

Post by rjnale »

Hello Fred,
Have you found a Typhoon Weekender yet?
I'm looking at another boat and if the deal happens mine will go up for sale.
She's located in Central NY state.
Rick
Jeff Nelson

Post by Jeff Nelson »

Hello. I am located in Ohio and also have a Typhoon for sale. You can find an older post on this site with photos and some information. Thanks
chuck carmichael
Location: GALATEA, CD36, #67; PYGMALION, J-22; CREAMPUFF, CD Typhoon #1612, Healy Creek, Hardyville, VA

Post by chuck carmichael »

Fred, I am located in Hardyville, VA, and have a fully restored Typhoon Weekender for sale, a 1979 vintage hull number 1612. She is well equipped and has done well in the RRYC Typhoon Fleet. 2012 Ullman Loose footed main, 155% and jib. $6500. Contact me for full equipment list including a Honda 2hp long shaft outboard.

Chuck Carmichael
chuck carmichael
fknops

Post by fknops »

Hello everyone. Thanks for all your replies. I'm happy to say that I've purchased "Three Sheets to the Wind" (CPDD172IM80F), formerly of Oriental NC. She will join the fleet in the Northern Neck of Virginia. Right now she's spending a cozy winter with John Friday at Custom Yachts in Irvington VA getting some minor cosmetic work done. She'll have a new name by springtime.