Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender sailing question

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

jim trandel
Location: '83 Typhoon Weekender, #1907 "Second Wind" Chicago Monroe Harbor

Re: Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender sailing question

Post by jim trandel »

I have an '83 Ty Wkn and have experienced 4-6' waves / chop resulting from the "BIG" monster motored cruiser wake at the mouth of Monroe Harbor at Chicago - Lake Michigan. I anticipate the waves and head (45deg) into them and always get lots of water over the bow. I do get wet, but I do not get a backwash over the stern as you have described.
Best regards,
Jim
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender sailing question

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Markst95 wrote:This should be a question for Oswego John but he hasn't posted since June. Anyone heard from him?
He has not posted for 3 months (04 June). However, he apparently did log on to the website last night (28 August); or at least someone using his name/password logged on. I hope all is well.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil