Cape Dory 25D for Sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Richmond

Cape Dory 25D for Sale

Post by Richmond »

Cape Dory 25D for Sale in Miami. $12.5K. 1982, Hull 27. Located at Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove. 3rd owner, purchased from the previous (2nd) owner in July 2013. Beginning in late October, my wife and I (we share this account) took this boat from the Chesapeake to Miami 1100 miles down the ICW. The boat has exceeded our expectations in its performance and we both felt completely safe on her in all conditions coming down. The Yanmar 1GM engine powered us through 90% of the way (sailed the other 10% of the time) even under strong tidal currents, and after an initial shakedown, gave us no problems. Previous owner had the boat for 18 months before us and sailed the boat on the Chesapeake every weekend in all weather and several small craft warning days, mostly singlehanded. Previous owner told us he had the utmost confidence in the boat's safety and seaworthiness and we were not disappointed on our trip.

Original (1st) owner had boat till 2011 when previous owner purchased it as a restoration project. Previous owner informed us that since he was concerned with safety and seaworthiness first, in late 2011 boat was hauled and hull thoroughly dried out (6 months) then soda blasted, barrier coated, bottom coated. In 2012, the previous owner installed all new standing and running rigging, all thru hulls and seacocks were replaced (with bronze), new VHF/DSC radio, new three blade propeller, new shaft, stuffing box reconditioned/hose replaced with new clamps, engine serviced. Also new flares, first aid kit, horn, life vests, etc. New head and sanitation hose which have never been used. Sails in good condition (main, jib, genoa). Sail and tiller covers replaced in 2012. New bottom paint March 2013 with hull polished and waxed. Porthole gaskets replaced. Work order history available on request.

In July 2013, before we left the Chesapeake, I had a new Ritchie BN-202 compass and new Raymarine I40 depth sounder and transducer installed. Electrical system: DC power with 2 Group 24 batteries, new in 2012; AC system 110V power with battery charger and shore power cord. Three anchors: 25lb CQR on 20 feet of 5/16" chain and 270 feet of 5/8" rode; 22lb Bruce with 10" of 1/4" chain and 200 feet of 1/2" rode; and 14lb Danforth. Boat also comes with various cruising gear we purchased for this trip, Garmin GPS, and various tools needed to perform boat maintenance. 8ft sailing dinghy included with oars (no center board or mast).

Jonathan Fogel
Attachments
IMG_2377.JPG
IMG_2377.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1805 times
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1805 times
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG (884.02 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Re: Cape Dory 25D for Sale

Post by tjr818 »

Wow :!: this almost makes me wish I was looking for a boat. I hope Slainte didn't hear that :oops:
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Dear Mr. Fogel:

$12,500 for a 1982 Cape Dory 25D in the condition you describe with the equipment you identify :?: Is this a typo :?: Or is there a 12" diam hole in the bottom of the hull :?: Or is the Yanmar 1GM frozen solid and deemed irreparable :?: If none of the above apply, please remove this ad immediately.

You are berthed 3 min walking distance from S/V Bali Ha'i that lies to her mooring at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club. Assuming none of the above (or similar) apply, your price is ridiculous and demeans the value of all Cape Dory sailboats - particularly Cape Dory 25D sailboats. :(
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Post by moctrams »

Bali Hai has made some pretty bad comments regarding this Cape Dory. It is up to the seller to set a price and the buyer to agree. This is no place to vent like this. It's no one's business.
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

My apologies Moctrams. My comments were intended as humorous - a 12" hole in the hull; a typo, etc. Obviously, I failed.

I agree 100% with your comment that the seller/buyer decide the prices and no one else.

My apologies to Jonathan for any perceived offense. It was not intended.
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
David Morton

Post by David Morton »

Bali Hai has made some pretty bad comments regarding this Cape Dory.
Gotta say i thought Robert's comments were clearly sarcasm! and pretty funny as I imagine what Robert must have paid for his 25D! Pricing a boat is always a crap shoot. The market will always have the last word on what's appropriate and that will change year to year. I also know that no matter what you pay for your boat, that is only the beginning! And I also know it is a labor and cost of love, 'cause you will never recoup that cost when the time comes to pass your boat on to someone else's care. So we pay what we pay and then try to make her the best boat we can and forget about "the investment", 'cause that's what sailors do. The best we can hope for is that she ends up a happier and better boat when it comes time to part ways, the selling price being mostly irrelevant.

David
"If a Man speaks at Sea, where no Woman can hear,
Is he still wrong?
" anonymous, Phoenician, circa 500 b.c.
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

I never thought Robert's post was anything but sarcasm :D
Time for everyone to have a Guinness and wish both buyer and seller all the best. Slainte :!:
Last edited by tjr818 on Jun 10th, '14, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

David and Tim:

Your comments are very kind. Thank you.

However, I still feel very badly that Moctrams perceived them as inappropriate and not humorous. If he did I am confident (sadly) that others did as well. Humor/comedian is obviously not my strong suit. Unfortunately, I do not have a day job to go back to.

You can't delete posts once someone responds. Even if deleted, the subsequent posts would then make no sense. Yet another lesson learned.

On the bright side, we are keeping Jonathan's post at the top of the list.
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Post by moctrams »

My apologies to Bali Ha "I". I guess I was looking at the forest and not the trees. As I reread the comment, it is funny. I hope the 25D goes to a great home. Just for grins, I put Gabbiano up on a web site just to see what someone would offer. I got several calls for the asking price. I quickly took the ad down. Our boats are unique and very much in demand.
sustutt1

Post by sustutt1 »

Greetiings,
I am interested in your CD25D. :wink: :D Please call me at 850 879-0725. I live near Tallahassee, FL. Thank you. Susan
Richmond

Post by Richmond »

No offense taken. I'm just happy that everyone thinks this is a great buy! :) She's been a great boat and I'd like to see her go to a good owner. I also realized I forgot to include my email address in case anyone wants to contact me. It's jkfogs@gmail.com . Thanks again everyone for all the positive feedback on the boat.
guyeli

Post by guyeli »

Hi,
I am also in Richmond.Would be interested in seeing additional images if available. Pretty boat! Has the exterior wood trim been painted or stained? Why are you selling her ? Are the ports bronze? Does she have a complete galley? How many hours on the Yanmar?
Thanks for responding.
Guy.
Steve I

Post by Steve I »

Boat still for sale ? If so please contact me. Thanks, Steve
davidkinzie
CAPE DORY 27 - NIPPLE FISH

Post by davidkinzie »

I'm interested. How can I see it? Dave.
DAVE KINZIE