Two (2) Lewmar #7 bronze Genoa winches for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Ron Klebba

Re: Two (2) Lewmar #7 bronze Genoa winches for sale

Post by Ron Klebba »

Can you send a picture?

Ron
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Ron:

Unfortunately, you have not been on this board long enough. :)

As 99% of the regulars on this board know all too well I do not have a clue of how to send a photo or post a photo. The digital age passed me by several years ago. Sorry.

They are original Lewmar winches installed in 1982 on a Cape Dory 25D. They have the normal patina associated with bronze that has been "weathered" for 31 years.

They both worked when I removed them in 2013. My only reason for removing them was my need to buy self-tailing winches because I mostly single hand and am not a very good sailor to begin with. :(

If not sold sooner, this summer I will probably take one of the winches or the remaining winch and install on the coach roof starboard to be used for the main halyard so that I can route the main halyard back to the cockpit.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Ron Klebba

Post by Ron Klebba »

So……..I'll buy one for the asking price of $120. I too own a Cape Dory 25 and will also install the winch on the house top to be used as a winch for my main halyard. That is why I only need one of them. How do I arrange for payment? etc.,etc. We live in Hood River Oregon but summer in our home state of Michigan and sail our Cape Dory on Lake Huron.

Ron
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Ron:

Send me a PM with your contact information, etc., including a daytime phone and the exact address where you want the winch to be shipped to. Also, tell me what delivery service you want to use (FedEx, USP, USPS, etc.).

I am a trusting soul with fellow Cape Dory owners. I will package and send the winch to you and let you know the shipping costs. Add that to the $120 and mail me a check (preferably drawn on an American bank :wink: ).

The last time I looked at the winches I think they both appeared to be identical in condition. I will check again and send you the one that has less discoloration, scratches, etc., if any.
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Ron Klebba

Post by Ron Klebba »

Sea Hunt,

Can you send a post indicating that you received my PM?

Ron
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Ron:

I have not yet received a PM from you.

I had an "old" account (just the name "Sea Hunt") on the CDSOA website. For reasons not here relevant I changed it to "Sea Hunt Video".

You should click on the "PM" block in one of my very recent posts under "Sea Hunt Video" and send a PM to that location I should receive it.
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
Ron Klebba

Post by Ron Klebba »

sea hunt video,

I just sent another PM. Let me know if you got it.
Ron
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Ron:

I sent the winch to you today FedEx Ground. I sent an email and a PM to you giving you mailing information, etc., for payment.

Thank you.
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
Dick Villamil

Post by Dick Villamil »

make sure that you specify whether you are selling the PORT or STARBOARD winch.
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Dick Villamil wrote:make sure that you specify whether you are selling the PORT or STARBOARD winch.
Huh :?:
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

Dick Villamil wrote:make sure that you specify whether you are selling the PORT or STARBOARD winch.
lol
Bill Member #250.
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Dick:

I took care of that. I painted the port winch red and the starboard winch green. :wink:
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

One winch has been sold. Only one left. Hurry :!: :!: :!: It won't last long at the reduced price.

If you have not yet bought a Valentine's gift for your significant other, a Lewmar winch would make a terrific romantic gift.

Dick, the one I have left is a "starboard" winch, painted green. If you would like to purchase, but need a "port" winch, no problem; I can easily paint it red with Krylon. :wink:
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Father's Day is fast approaching - 15 June 2014.

A classic Lewmar #7 bronze winch would make a terrific Father's Day gift :!: :!:

Only one (1) left. At the "bargain basement" price of $120 (buyer pays shipping costs) this deal will not last long. Hurry :!: :!: Don't disappoint Dad and/or Gramps. :D
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

The 4th of July is only 4 days away.

A classic #7 bronze Lewmar winch would make a terrific addition to your Cape Dory sailboat's summer fun :!: :!:
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097