Seeking boat storage in Mayland

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Al
New Haven, CT

Seeking boat storage in Mayland

Post by Al »

All:
I've recently moved to the Washington, DC area and am looking for a place to keep my CD25 "Island Fox". Can anyone recommend good marinas or places with moorings on the western shore of the Chesapeake between Annapolis and Deale, MD? I don't want a lot of expensive extras, just a reliable place for the boat, close to the bay. I would prefer a mooring over a slip, but I haven't seen too many in the area...
Thanks,
Al
Squid

Re: Seeking boat storage in Mayland

Post by Squid »

I keep my CD in Hartge's Harbor, about 15 miles south of Anna., very nice spot to get direct access to the Cheas Bay. A lot of folks from the DC area and Northern Va keep their boats in this area.
http://www.hartgeyachtharbor.com

They have both slips and hard storage. It's a full service marina. In fact I will be inside my boat fixing some instrument wiring in about 90 minutes, if you want to swing by. Moving the gear from 0183 to NMEA 2K… All that can move anyway.
Of note, there are several CD's in the yard… a few 36, 30's and one 30 M/Sailor.
Glen
S/V SeaEsta
CD 30 MK II, #31
CDSOA Member #1487
Squid

Post by Squid »

Oh… and yes, they are a pretty good size mooring field…

Cell 202 487 7605… Keep calling sometimes I am upside down behind the engine…
Glen
S/V SeaEsta
CD 30 MK II, #31
CDSOA Member #1487
moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Post by moctrams »

Try Flag Harbor in St. Leonard, MD.
www.flagharbor.com