RIB Dinghy for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Jay B.
Location: Cape Dory 25 s/v little Ebby Rose Haven, MD. (sadly sold)

RIB Dinghy for sale

Post by Jay B. »

Avon Rover 9' RIB dinghy for sale. I used to pull it behind my CD25. Since selling my CD25 I've been using it to motor around the rivers in northern Va. My family of 4 fit nicely along with the long shaft Nissan 6hp motor (perfect for a CD25). The boat has a couple of patches but she does not leak air or water. She is actually in really nice shape. I've got the boat, motor and an awesome brand new trailer for sale. Separately the boat is $900, motor is $400 and trailer is $400. The entire setup can be purchased for $1500.00.

Located in Northern Virginia.
Attachments
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG (4.59 MiB) Viewed 725 times
CDSOA Member Number 1252
ljholt

Re: RIB Dinghy for sale

Post by ljholt »

I am in N. Va and have CD 25D Is the dingy still around? Did you pull it with motor on? How did it affect sailing?

Thanks

Lee Holt
Jay B.

Post by Jay B. »

Yes, I still have the dinghy. If you are asking if I towed it with the motor on the dinghy, I have pulled it with the motor on, but not in really rough conditions. I also pulled it with the CD25's motor running and it did find there too. The tow line I have is pretty long so it does not really ride in the prop wash. It did not noticeably affect our performance while being towed. In fact I often forgot it was back there on long lazy runs. That is one reason I went with the fiberglass hull as opposed to straight inflatables. It has alot less drag than a regular inflatable. We were not die hard sailors so I imagine if you are concerned about squeezing every ounce of performance out of your boat, it probably would affect it in that respect...but Cape Dory's are not necessarily racing boats anyway, right? We basically used our boat for weekend excursions to destinations up, down and across the bay. The dinghy was great for anchoring out and motoring around harbors, to and from shore, etc. It easily accommodates our family of four along with the motor, gas tank and gear. It is very stable. (much more so than the Walker Bay dinghy that we used at first). In fact, our kids seemed to have more fun riding in the dinghy better than the CD. ;) Let me know if you'd like to come see it.

Thanks,
Jay
CDSOA Member Number 1252
wlustusky

Post by wlustusky »

Is the boat still for sale? What fabric is it made of ? Thanks Bill L
tartansailor

Post by tartansailor »

Jay B.
Am interested and would like to look at them all.
Need address and a good time for you.
Dick
Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Jay B.

Re: RIB Dinghy for sale (SOLD)

Post by Jay B. »

The dinghy has been sold. Thanks for the interest.
CDSOA Member Number 1252