I wish to buy a Typhoon

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
EHarty

I wish to buy a Typhoon

Post by EHarty »

Looking for a Typhoon in very good to excellent condition. Not looking for a project boat. E Harty
wizard

Re: I wish to buy a Typhoon

Post by wizard »

You can also try Sailboatlisting.com they have a few there and they are not projects. There is also a place in Maine, boat resue or something along those lines that restores typhoons. Hope this helps you find what you are looking for.
David Morton

Post by David Morton »

www.northeastsailboatrescue.com in South Freeport, ME. But don't expect to get a deal. He is heavily into cosmetic restoration ("she'll be the prettiest boat in the harbor"), but I don't know how much actual structural restoration he does or how much rigging upgrades and improvements. I've seen his Typhoons sell for $15-20,000. There was a real nice Typhoon Senior at South Portland Marina for sale for about $11,000 a couple of months ago.
Good Luck!

David
"If a Man speaks at Sea, where no Woman can hear,
Is he still wrong?
" anonymous, Phoenician, circa 500 b.c.
CaptDavey

Post by CaptDavey »

Where are you located?
Maine_Buzzard

Post by Maine_Buzzard »

Your location would be helpful here.

The Ty senior at Southport is definitely gone, she was very clean and had a nice trailer. (~$10K)

Michael has all kinds of boats at NE Rescue and can work to order.

There is a Ty on the way into Boothbay Harbor, last seen in mid August. Might need some work, but for a price, you could pick what you want done. No shortage of boatbuilders and repairmen around here.

Searchtempest.com shows a half dozen Tys in the Northeast. $7500 will certainly let you get the pick of the litter.

Happy hunting!
EHarty

Post by EHarty »

Found a couple of boats that owners said were great but they had soft spots. I had bad experience with rotten balsa many years ago and am getting sense that finding a boat in excellent shape might be too much to ask for. I'm now looking at a Mariner 19 - the Rhodes 19 hull with a small cabin. Any comments?
EHarty

Post by EHarty »

For information - I'm located in Fairfield county CT.
Skeep
Location: Previously CD Typhoon #729, now Alberg 30 Hull #614

Post by Skeep »

Check out Osprey's listing on the site here! She's gorgeous!
Skeep
Supporting Member #1576 of the CDSOA
Current Vessel, Alberg 30 Hull #614 to be named yet
Formerly S/V Hull #729 "Baggy Wrinkles"
Blogsite for Alberg Ty and Alberg 30 continues athttp://baggywrinkles.blogspot.com
Located at Lake Murray Sailing Club, Chapin South Carolina
jackc
Hyde Park, NY Poughkeepsie Yacht Club

Post by jackc »

i sent you a pm ... i have a bristol/sailstar corinthian, 19 ft sailboat, carl alberg design, precursor to the typhoon ...see my ad on the cd site on page 2 ... it has a few pics ... comes with a trailer ... located poughkeepsie, ny jack c
Jack Cothren
Jeff Nelson

Post by Jeff Nelson »

I have my typhoon for sale it is posted on the board. No one has looked at her yet. I am willing to discuss delivery if interested. Thanks