RH 36 For Sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Solmar
Robinhood 36
Wolfeboro, NH

RH 36 For Sale

Post by Solmar »

Solmar (1996 hull #203) is now for sale.

For further information please visit the Robinhood Marine Website or Yachworld.
Also feel free to contact us with additional questions.
Brian & Debbie
CDSOA #786
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: RH 36 For Sale

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

I was fortunate to be able to spend the August 2007 CDSOA Maine Cruise aboard S/V Solmar as a rookie crewmember. Brian and Debbie are wonderful sailors. Brian taught me more about sailing than I had learned in the previous 3 years. He was patient beyond belief.

S/V Solmar was (and I am sure is) a meticuously maintained Robinhood 36. I was amazed at the care with which Brian and Debbie maintained every aspect of S/V Solmar. It was a standard of care I have tried (but failed) to emulate. :(

If I had the sailing skills I would become the new caretaker of S/V Solmar in a "New York second". Sadly, I lack the skills to care for S/V Bali Ha'i, my Cape Dory 25D, let alone a RH 36. Such thoughts are wonderful dreams that will, sadly, never be realized. Somewhat like the dreams I have of spending a month with Sophia Loren on the Amalfi coast of Italy.

Some lucky sailor is going to become the caretaker of a truly Bristol and very, very well maintained Robinhood 36. I am very jealous.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
RS Field

Post by RS Field »

Thanks folks. This one is a little out of our price range.
MFC
Hull No.128

Post by MFC »

Hey I spotted the vertical stripes of Solmar's sail cover in the engineer's basin of Chesapeake City yesterday. Looked around a bit but didn't see any signs of the crew. I suppose you are north bound . . . to where? If you come up the Delaware toward philly be sure to email / PM me and we'll meet up!

Matt