Looking for CD 25D Or 27

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Owen D'Andrea

Looking for CD 25D Or 27

Post by Owen D'Andrea »

We are looking for a quality CD 25D or 27 that has
been well maintained & has a known history from both
an ownership & maintenance perspective. Prefer the two (2)
cylinder diesel on a CD 27 but would consider the one (1)
cylinder on well maintained quality vessel.
d1trout
Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay CA

Re: Looking for CD 25D Or 27

Post by d1trout »

Tell me what part of the country you are in. I have a 25D in northern CA. She could be for sale...
Owen D'Andrea

Post by Owen D'Andrea »

Thanks for your reply , but we have decided to
focus on a CD 27 .
wizard

Post by wizard »

Hi Owen, I am surprised you haven't found a CD 27 that you would be happy with yet. I'll throw mine back out there in the mix. I know the complete lineage of mine, I am the 3rd owner. The original still lives in Stuart, Fl. where the boat is located, the 2nd owner is in Miami living aboard a CD 28, and I currently have the boat for sale. It has a 2cyc fresh water cooled 16hp Yanmar diesel and the boat is in very good condition. Mine stays in the water 12 months a year in Florida except when she is hauled out for bottom painting. If my memory serves me correctly, you didn't want a "wet" boat, i.e. "wet" meaning you didn't want a boat that stays in the water, but one that is hauled out every year such as northern boats. I am assuming you are still holding fast to that ideology? If not, you might want to revisit mine and see if we can make a deal. If you are ready to buy, I am ready to sell. There are a lot of southern boats that come to Florida to be able to sail year round, hence the boat staying in the water ready to go. Oh, mine has been barrier coated as well, just in case. Ready when you are...