New member introduction

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Simonr

New member introduction

Post by Simonr »

Good Day, my name is Simon I live in the Indianapolis area. I am the proud new owner of a Cape Dory Typhoon #OPDD144477J . My wife and I started sailing two years ago . We had a Holder 14 and was a great little boat to learn on. After a couple of near capsize situations it was decided to get a boat with a full keel. I do my homework and the Typhoon had the best reviews of any boat under 20 feet. I have much to learn and will use this forum . Living in Indiana we wont sail till late March. Other than a very little TLC the boat is in fantastic shape. I am looking for a schematic for the rigging and best all around sailplan. Thanks for all the help so far.
CD Typhoon Tiger Lily
Joe Montana
Member 781

Re: New member introduction

Post by Joe Montana »

Welcome, Simon! You'll get no arguments here on your choice of boat. Congratulations and good luck with your Typhoon!

Have you seen the 100-page owners manual for Cape Dories on this website? You should be able to find it here:

http://www.capedory.org/cdsoalook-group ... inemanuals
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

Welcome to the Ranks of proud Cape Dory owners. The information you can gleen from this site will prove invaluable. I would also refer you to the following link. Truer words were never spoken.

Good Luck and Fair winds.

http://www.capedory.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30528
Bill Member #250.
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

You have a great boat. Enjoy her!