CHANDLERY OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Sandy D.
Grosse Pointe,Mi

CHANDLERY OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post by Sandy D. »

Hi Folks-
I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself and let you all know that the Chandlery is back in business. My name is Sandy Davis and I am the new manager. I appreciate your patience while we iron out the wrinkles in our on line store.

First and foremost- I HAVE JUST PLACED AN ORDER FOR BURGEES !!
I should have them in hand around the first of December which means we can get them to you before Christmas. We ordered 25 and to be honest I have no idea if that is enough. If you would like to reserve one please send me a PM from this board or email with your name and CDSOA membership number, I will start a list and keep you posted when they arrive, we will work out the details of getting them to you. PRICE: As a courtesy to CDSOA members we will not mark up the burgees for resale - we will charge you our cost + shipping. I haven't received the invoice yet so I'm not sure what the cost of freight will be, but the burgees themselves are $19.00 each- so I would put an estimated price around $25.00 including shipping to your door. As soon as I know I will list it in the catalog. The board has made the decision to still only allow CDSOA members in good standing to purchase burgees.

Cathy has placed links in two places - one on the home page on the side bar under "Chandlery" and one on the top of this page below the cash register.

I am very excited to be the new "manager" of the store. My wife Jenny and myself own and operate a small embroidery shop in Grosse Pointe Michigan. While our bread and butter is larger orders from corporations, our specialty is custom embroidery for boaters and yacht clubs. Don't hesitate to give us a shout or drop an email with any special request- that's what we do!

THE LOGOS: You will notice a couple new logos that are available, a few that are generic and one that is custom to your CD model and hull number. The colors on the oval logos can be changed- if you want a white hull with blue bottom paint, just let us know. The sizes of the logos will vary with the item they go on, caps, left chest and the totes get a nice large six inch logo.
I'll keep adding cool stuff to the catalog so drop by every now and then to see whats new. Cathy has pointed out that there seems to be an issue with compatibility with the Firefox browser. I'm trying to figure that out, mean while send us an email or give us a shout and we will make sure you get taken care of the old fashioned way. Click on the "contact us" button to get our complete contact info. We are set up for PayPal payments or you can give us a call and we can enter your credit card manually, or you can mail us a check if you prefer.

I sent a few samples with Commodore Slater "barfwinkle" to the annual meeting - so perhaps some of those folks that attended will chime in on the quality of those items.

I think that covers it. Thanks for letting us be part of showing your Cape Dory pride.
Fair Winds,
-Sandy
CD27 #60
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russell

Re: CHANDLERY OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post by Russell »

I love the "builder plate" style logo! Any chance when doing the custom hull # you can do boat name on it too? I think it would be nice to have the boat name where "East Tautun, Mass" is, since its a custom order anyway.
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

Good morning Sandy et al....

The samples were given away as door prices at the annual meeting and were well received.

Thank you and Fair Winds
Bill Member #250.
Sandy D.
Grosse Pointe,Mi

Post by Sandy D. »

Hi Russell-
Thats a great idea- I'm going to put together a package to provide a custom logo in all three sizes that I will keep in a seperate file for each boat.
Thanks for the input.....stay tuned!

-Sandy