typhoon spare parts/accessories

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

ipswich

typhoon spare parts/accessories

Post by ipswich »

hi!
when my typhoon sank last month i lost some key parts that floated away, most annoying was the loss of the top board in the three-part companionway door. i also lost the white top cover on one of the cockpit seats and also the round white cover for the bilge.
my question is: where is the best place for finding parts and spares for the cape dory typhoon?

thanks-
tim
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Re: typhoon spare parts/accessories

Post by tjr818 »

Let me know if you cannot find one. I made a new one for our CD27, but I had the old one to use as a template. I used Cypress, when finished with Cetol Natural it looks just like the Teak.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
sharkbait

Re: typhoon spare parts/accessories

Post by sharkbait »

I think you should put a diver in the water to recover the large cockpit seat hatch cover. However, you can build a new one from fiberglass. I had one of mine blow away and had to build a replacement. Use the existing one from the other side as a pattern. My bilge cover was fabricated from teak but cypress is an excellent choice. I replaced all three of my companion way hatch boards with TREX.

Here is a photo before painting: Image

Here is a photo of the typhoon. All of the teak was replaced with TREX:Image
Have A Nice Day