1980 bronze port CD25 not for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
riveredge

1980 bronze port CD25 not for sale

Post by riveredge »

The deal fell through on another boat I was considering buying so I've decided to keep mine. Thanks to all who were interested.

Great boat in very good original condition. New Mainsail, 2011. Very good 110 jib and decent 140 genoa. 2003 Honda 4 stroke 5 HP in well. New running rigging. Origo stove in custom gimbaled oak frame. Teak above and below in great shape. Original gelcoat in great shape.Teak and holly sole. Foot pump water to sink. Whale Gusher bilge pump. Icebox. Depth. Vhf. Porta potti. Many other extras. 2011 SAMS survey. Great sailer. Located on the Hudson River, NY near the Tappan Zee Bridge. $9,500. for more pix visit:
Last edited by riveredge on Sep 4th, '12, 08:32, edited 4 times in total.
Joe M
Location: 1984 CD Typhoon "Itilldoo" & CD10 No.315 Cape May, NJ

Re: 1980 bronze port CD25 for sale

Post by Joe M »

Nice looking 25.....is the trailer included?
riveredge

Post by riveredge »

No trailer. That photo was taken during the survey and the trailer belonged to the former owner. New photos soon.
riveredge

Post by riveredge »

New photos now up.
bobrob

Post by bobrob »

Nice boat, is the porti potty a bucket? I owned a CD25 years ago and loved it but the boat is not worth 10k, will offer you 5k sight unseen. I also live on the hudson and will make deal this week
Bob
riveredge

Post by riveredge »

Porta potty is a bucket with a toilet seat/lid that snaps on. It uses deoderized disposable plastic liners. I think its the cleanest simplest solution. I expect the boat will sell for something closer to my asking price than your sight-unseen low offer. Its worth a lot more than $5,000 to me.
riveredge

Post by riveredge »

I've done a lot of looking and found this boat to be the best bargain in sailing.
bobrob

Post by bobrob »

Hi
My offer of $5000.00 sight unseen still stands.
Bob
riveredge

Post by riveredge »

I couldn't help but noticing that you have been making public low ball bids on several Cape Dorys of varying sizes and prices for well over a year now. My impression is that you will buy almost any CD that someone is willing to give you for way less than it is worth. This repetition of your offer which I already turned down is unwelcome, annoying and slightly offensive to me. I have invested a lot of attention, work, time and money into keeping my boat something that I value. If you want to make an offer for my boat in the future please send me a PM. As I told you before I will not sell it for your offered price because the boat is worth much more than that much to me. If I ever need to get rid of it cheaply out of some hardship or desperation I hope to do so more privately. :?
pete faga

Post by pete faga »

Why would someone want to buy a boat unseen when you live so close by???
riveredge

Post by riveredge »

I would never buy a boat sight unseen under any circumstances.
bobrob

Post by bobrob »

Oh yea I forgot something. It is the accepted custom that you start high and me low and meet somewhere inbetween. I have bought other CD on this site for your information!!!
riveredge

Post by riveredge »

Perhaps it is the custom as you say. But having looked at many boat listings on this site I've never seen such bargaining done in message board public posts. In fact your offers are the only ones I've seen and I've never seen a counter offer to your posted half-price bids or any other counter offers by anyone. I have seen reductions in asking prices.
riveredge

Post by riveredge »

Please note lower asking price.
bobrob

Post by bobrob »

Hi again
I see you have lowered your price in the right direction. That's movement!! I will be out of town this week but lets get together for a look see at your boat next week?
Best
Bob