Cape Dory Owners at Herrington Harbor in Deale, MD?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

DaveCD28

Cape Dory Owners at Herrington Harbor in Deale, MD?

Post by DaveCD28 »

Hello,

I recently sailed my Cape Dory 28 from Florida to Deale, MD. I went outside from Port Canaveral to Cape Fear, then up the intracoastal the rest of the way.

I am in Herrington Harbor North and slipped currently next to a CD28 (I think, but it has wheel steering). I was wondering if there are any Cape Dory board members who are in or around the area? It'd be nice to get together and have some drinks with some other Cape Dory people.

-Dave
Jim Evans

Re: Cape Dory Owners at Herrington Harbor in Deale, MD?

Post by Jim Evans »

Hi Dave,

I have a CD33 at Herrington Harbour South on the end of B dock as well as a CD10 on the dinghy rack - there must be 4 to 5 other CD's at HHS alone, and of course, there are a few at North. There is a cocktail party at HHS this Saturday from 5 to 7 on the beach; can you make it?

Jim
Jim Evans
Bob Ohler

Post by Bob Ohler »

We kept out CD30 for many years at HHN before moving to Solomons Island, HOWEVER, I work most Saturdays at the West Marine store there in the yard at HHN. I am always eager to talk all things Cape Dory with every CD owner that comes in the store.

You might be berthed next to John Busa, who owns a beautiful CD28 with wheel steering. I cannot come up with the name of his boat, but I am sure you will be seeing him on the dock.
Bob Ohler
CDSOA Member #188
CD30B, Hull # 335
sv Aloha Spirit
Frank Vernet

Post by Frank Vernet »

Hi Dave,

We keep Sirius, our CD-33, at HHS on A-Dock...right across the fairway from Jim Evans and "Le Rève", his CD-33, on B-dock.

As Jim mentioned there is a cocktail party on the beach at HHS Saturday afternoon. We will not be there but it will be a good opportunity for you to meet other CD'ers.

Frank
"A sailor's joys are as simple as a child's." - Bernard Moitessier
DaveCD28

Post by DaveCD28 »

Thanks for the responses. I will try to make the 5-7 party this Saturday. I will be busy cleaning Sanuye up from the trip Saturday so I'm sure I'll be in the West Marine at some point.

Look forward to meeting you all.

-Dave
gates_cliff

Post by gates_cliff »

Hi Dave,

I have a CD 27 that I keep at Shipwright Harbor, right next to HHN. I'm usually down on the weekends and always happy to talk to other CD owners. I can attest to Bob Ohler being happy to talk with CD owners, as I had the pleasure of getting to know him a little when I was picking up some stuff at West Marine one Saturday.

I'd love to hear about your trip up.

Cliff Gates
Cliff
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide
DaveCD28

Post by DaveCD28 »

Hi Cliff.

I should be around Saturday afternoon until I go to the party at HHS. They have me in slip M14 right now. I'll be trying to clean her up and get her organized since I've had to work all week and haven't had the time.

Are you going to the beach party at HHS?

Dave
Jay B.
Location: Cape Dory 25 s/v little Ebby Rose Haven, MD. (sadly sold)

Post by Jay B. »

I too am at HHS (I dock) with Little Ebby, our CD25. There is a CD26 and a CD28 (I think) also on I dock at HHS. We need to have a get together sometime!
Jay
CDSOA Member Number 1252
DaveCD28

Post by DaveCD28 »

Hi guys,
I wasnt able to make the beach party due to losing my glasses overboard and mounting a failed rescue effort.

I'd like to meet you guys soon, however. I met John with the CD28 beside me and we had some wine and brats. Good time.

-David
Squid

Post by Squid »

Dave,
If opportunity presents, would enjoy discussing your trip up. I intend on taking a similar trip the opposite direction. Within a couple of years. From West River, Galesville to Fernandina Beach, Fl, where the grandkids reside. My intention was to go via the ICW to Cape Fear then outside to Chasn... Then contingent up desires after the crew shift (second round of grandkids) go either ICW or outside down to Fernandina Beach. Anywaz.... would like to discuss the trip for general info. My boat is just north of you at Hartge Yacht Harbor. Wouldn't mind coming a few miles south to Herrington for a day sail either....

Thanks,
Glen
S/V SeaEsta
CD 30 MK II, #31
CDSOA Member #1487