Best Color Match

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jeff D

Best Color Match

Post by Jeff D »

I will be repainting the interior of my 85 Daysailer when it gets a little warmer. I will be using Interlux Brightsides with some matting agent for the sides and intergrip for the sole. Does anyone have any suggestions in regard to the best color match to the original CD tan. Bristol Beige looks about right on the color chart.
tmsc

Re: Best Color Match

Post by tmsc »

Jeff,

I have been using the Interlux Bristol Beige on the exterior nonskid. It is a close but not perfect match. I have also heard that the (Petit Dead Dull Grass; What a name, Uhh) is a good match too, but I have not tried it.
Lee
S/V Solomon Lee
Jeff D

Post by Jeff D »

Thanks for your help
shavdog

Post by shavdog »

I mixed a can of interlux interdeck white and beige and used it for my nonskid on my cd22 and liked the results very much..infact I just ordered two more cans...I thought the beige was alittle too dark for my taste..craig
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Post by trapper »

The Pettite Sand is almost an exact match. I found the interlux bristol beige to be way too pink.
Russell

Post by Russell »

trapper wrote:The Pettite Sand is almost an exact match. I found the interlux bristol beige to be way too pink.
I definitely thought it too pink as well when I saw it on a large area. Other beiges tend to be too yellow though.
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)