Cabin heater for sale ** fixed the photo link ** I think!

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Warren S

Cape Dory 270 Hull #5

Washington, NC

Cabin heater for sale ** fixed the photo link ** I think!

Post by Warren S »

OK Folks, I bought this Dickinson Chesapeake diesel heater 2nd hand off eBey without thinking about where I would mount it. It's 7"x8"x19", too tall for my needs.

It is complete but no supply tank or plumbing - you supply that. Otherwise it is complete to my knowledge and is in great shape.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1143470001 ... directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/1143470001 ... directlink

Asking $300 firm plus shipping.
Last edited by Warren S on Nov 17th, '11, 07:58, edited 2 times in total.
"Being hove to in a long gale is the most boring way of being terrified I know." -Donald Hamilton
Parfait's Provider
berthed Whortonsville, NC

??

Post by Parfait's Provider »

Can't seem to open the pics. Malie has a Force 10 cabin heater mounted at the corner behind the mast at 45° to the centerline. and bulkhead and below the table cupboard. It seems to work. It is what I plan to do for Parfait.

I think I have pictures if you are interested.
Keep on sailing,

Ken Coit, ND7N
CD/36 #84
Parfait
Raleigh, NC
Warren S

Cape Dory 270 Hull #5

Washington, NC

I agree Ken

Post by Warren S »

I just think this model is too large (tll) for the limited options Im willing to explore. If i remember right the force 10 is not as tall and may be an option. Frankly given the size of my cabin I'm considering coming up with a heater attachment for the galley stove.
"Being hove to in a long gale is the most boring way of being terrified I know." -Donald Hamilton
marilou

Force 10 Heater

Post by marilou »

The Force 10 worked find on the CD 270, my centerboard line is down below, out of the table. The stove was mounted in the cabin, portside of the mast (keel stepped) The stove pipe was mounted behind the mast (portside). Heated the boat, no problem...low use of LP.
Warren S

Cape Dory 270 Hull #5

Washington, NC

Bump

Post by Warren S »

Bump
Warren S

Cape Dory 270 Hull #5

Washington, NC

Dropping price to $200

Post by Warren S »

Dropping price to $200