gasket material for portholes

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
wizard

gasket material for portholes

Post by wizard »

Hi all, I have seen this thread before but it has been a while back. Like most CD owners it is time to replace the rubberized gasket material that is in our bronze portholes. A friend of mine told me to get it at McMaster Carr but he didn't tell me a catalogue number. He did say it was 1/2" round and he thought it was only sold in lengths of 100'. Does anyone have the exact catalogue number so I get a correct order? Thanks, Randy
barfwinkle

FYI

Post by barfwinkle »

Bill Member #250.
Ldybg
CD 28 #125
Raritan YC, NJ

Gasket

Post by Ldybg »

I purchased from mcmaster, I have some left and will see if there is a catalog number

Dennis
wizard

thank you

Post by wizard »

Thank you Barfwinkle, I looked at the catalogue number at McMasters-Carr and that looks like the correct one, Thank you so much for the information. Randy
jbsails
"Sumiko" Edgewater, Fl.

Portlight gasket material

Post by jbsails »

Ahoy Wizard,
I just recently replaced all 6 on my CD 25D. I had to buy 100' and have plenty left over. It takes 3' per port. I would like .35 per foot plus shipping if you would like some.

John
Fair Winds,
John
wizard

Gaskets

Post by wizard »

John, thank you for the offer, I went ahead and purchased the 100' from M.C. but thank you for replying..Randy