CD 26D/25D Sails

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Robert Delaney

CD 26D/25D Sails

Post by Robert Delaney »

I just purchased a 1988 CD-26D but the past owner is having trouble locating the sails. I understand that sails from a 25D will also fit as both boats use the same mast/boom. Does anyone have an extra Main and/or furling headsail for a CD-26D or 25D they would sell? Main has a luff of 27.2" with a 10.2" foot and the headsail has a luff of 32'. A hank on headsail will also work. Please email if you can help. Thanks.
Dick Kobayashi
Location: Former owner of 3 CDs, most recently Susan B, a 25D

Maybe

Post by Dick Kobayashi »

I still have the sails that came with my 25D - provided by the PO. I am not near them now and needless to say I do not recall them in top top shape. Let me know your schedule. I will not be able to ck out the physical sails for a week-ten days. Pl advise if interest and want to follow via pm
Dick K
CD 25D Susan B #104
Mattapoisett, MA

Fleet Captain - Northeast Fleet 2014/2015

Tempus Fugit. And not only that, it goes by fast. (Ron Vacarro 1945 - 1971)
Robert Delaney

CD 25D sails

Post by Robert Delaney »

Dick - Yes I am interested. The time constraint is not a problem as boat is getting buffed, new bottom paint, and teak redone. Let me know when you get time to get to them. I'll send an email so you have mine. Thanks

Robert
barfwinkle

Old Main

Post by barfwinkle »

Robert

I have Rhapsody's original main and for a song and a dance (shipping & I'll check the condition, but certainly not much as the Admiral would love to see it go) I'll let you know.

You let me know. Literally, I can't imagine wanting more than $100 (most likely less), but let me check the condition.

Fair Winds and congrats on the new to you boat.
Bill Member #250.