10,000 miles

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

camroll

10,000 miles

Post by camroll »

Today Charisma and I traveled our 10000th nautical mile together. This includes traveling through 6 states and 2 provinces, 2 great summers with my family, traveling from the Atlantic Ocean to Lake Ontario and from Montreal to NY city, plus countless other spectacular sailing days.

Russ
Terry
Lake Lanier, North Georgia
www.jonahzsong.com

Post by Terry »

Congratulations! :D

May you be blessed with many more miles, lots of smiles, and wondrous experiences.

Terry
pete faga

10,000 miles

Post by pete faga »

Congradulations also that's quite a achievement. please post some pictures. I'd love to see some from the Lower Hudson to Lake Champlain
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

Wow!
rtbates

Post by rtbates »

I'm jealous!
Randy 25D Seraph #161
camroll

Re: 10,000 miles

Post by camroll »

pete faga wrote:Congradulations also that's quite a achievement. please post some pictures. I'd love to see some from the Lower Hudson to Lake Champlain
Peter I'd love to but any pictures I have are 10 years old. I can, if you are interested, send you a VHS tape (professionally made)of the Hudson River to Troy.
pete faga

10,000 miles

Post by pete faga »

Thanks for the kind offer. I'll send you a pm
mike ritenour

Congrats

Post by mike ritenour »

May you have another 100,000 nm in the near future!
Rit
Duncan
Montreal, QC

Post by Duncan »

camroll wrote:Today Charisma and I traveled our 10000th nautical mile together. This includes traveling through 6 states and 2 provinces, 2 great summers with my family, traveling from the Atlantic Ocean to Lake Ontario and from Montreal to NY city, plus countless other spectacular sailing days.

Russ
Congratulations on a nice milestone with Charisma!

I hope you are going to buy her something nice. I think 10,000 is the "teak" anniversary. Or maybe the "bronze" or maybe the "spinnaker". I forget.

I've sailed much the same territory, including two trips from southern New England to Montreal. When I brought Coquine up through Lake Champlain, I anchored in a spot where the only other boat was a Cape Dory 27, what a coincidence! (that's the photo in my avatar, by the way)

It's all great, especially in a Cape Dory!
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

camroll wrote:Today Charisma and I traveled our 10000th nautical mile together. This includes traveling through 6 states and 2 provinces, 2 great summers with my family, traveling from the Atlantic Ocean to Lake Ontario and from Montreal to NY city, plus countless other spectacular sailing days.

Russ
Congrats!!!

I've kept a complete log for the past 15 years... so I have a record of every sail in reasonable detail... but I've never calculated the miles. Thanks for a winter project... log book, charts, dividers, single malt...
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
pete faga

10,000 miles

Post by pete faga »

Thanks Russ for the enjoyable tape. It must of been an enjoyable cruise back to Lake Champlain. Anybody that wants it next send me a pm. (the tape is vhs) Russ says pass it on. thanks again Russ.
barfwinkle

Congratulations

Post by barfwinkle »

Hello Russ

You and Charisma are the reason I own a CD! Way back when (1994ish), you sent me a couple of pics of Charisma and I fell in love.

Thank you for sharing then and now, and Fair Winds

Bill Slater
Bill Member #250.