How does size matter to you?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

GLutzow

Post by GLutzow »

It seems that no matter what size of toy you're sailing there is always valid reasons to buy one "just a little bit bigger" than the one you currently own. God knows that I have succumbed to the urge. I finally came to my senses after buying a CSY 44 in 1979. I didn't sail ... I went out to "work on the boat". There was an endless list of things to repair, improve or just do it before it goes bad. After two years of that I sold it and bought a new Typhoon Weekender in 1980. I kept that ship until 2009 when, you guessed it, up we go again. I think that all sailors, especially ones who own boats, have a LARGE masochistic streak.
Greg Lutzow
Nokomis, FL

CD25
"Beau Soleil"
sailing off a mooring in Sarasota Bay

With nothin' but stillness as far as you please
An' the silly mirage stringin' islands an' seas.
M. R. Bober

Luxury substandard housing

Post by M. R. Bober »

The fair and lovely & I will be moving aboard while the floors in our house are being refinished. So with two adults and one cat aboard and with access to the kitchen up at the house, we will be camping on STARVIEW during some possibly very hot weather.

When I read about families of four or more who live aboard and get ready for school and/or work daily, I think luxury substandard housing.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster, (all ashore that's going ashore) VA
CDSOA Founding Member