New Eyebrows and grab rails

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Kquist
1981 CD 30c
Hull # 194
East Greenwich, RI
CD 10, Hull #100 to be restored

New Eyebrows and grab rails

Post by Kquist »

My husband just finished installing new eyebrows and grab rails on Red Wing. He also made a new cockpit table over last fall/winter which will be installed as soon as she is back in the water. He is an amazing woodworker!

Check out my Flickr site for some photos. Listed as RedWing2011 :D
Kelle & Walt Quist
Rowe, MA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails."
Mark Twain
Kquist
1981 CD 30c
Hull # 194
East Greenwich, RI

Just posted photos of the bronze trim

Post by Kquist »

Walt stripped the awful drippy Cetol off the rub rail. Red Wing will look like a new girl all decked out this year.
Last edited by Kquist on May 29th, '11, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Kelle & Walt Quist
Rowe, MA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails."
Mark Twain
Duncan
Montreal, QC

Beautiful photography

Post by Duncan »

Kelle, I happen to know personally that Walt's woodwork is exceptional.

And now I see that your photography is equally impressive!

I had difficulty finding your photos at first,, so here is a link in case others had the same problem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redwing2011/

Best wishes

Duncan
sfreihofer

Post by sfreihofer »

What a pretty boat! Cape Dorys have such classic beauty, and you have served it well! Congratulations!

Nobody here has been able to find a source for bronze rub rail...as far as I know... so take good care of it!

Stan Freihofer
1972 CD25 #794
Ft. Lauderdale
www.ReefRoof.com
Instant Bubble-head. Just add water.
Kquist
1981 CD 30c
Hull # 194
East Greenwich, RI

Post by Kquist »

Thank you... Walt worked really hard this spring to get her finished. We are still sitting on stands until June 1st. It was well worth it though. Take a look at the new photos I put up on Flickr. Thanks Duncan for the correct link.

Kelle
Kelle & Walt Quist
Rowe, MA

Mark Twain