Keep it civilized gang....

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

WaywardWind

Re: Just a suggestion.

Post by WaywardWind »

S/V Necessity wrote:please check out the link that Duncan posted. It's very informative and will most likely have a great impact on your future postings.
WHY should there be any future postings? Why?

I mention foredecks are not designed/built for a purpose mentioned, and a tiny handful (in elevator shoes?) comes out of the woodwork to insult -- and keep on insulting -- the message bearer.

Right now, I'm afraid to use three syllable words.
Tom Keevil

No Response

Post by Tom Keevil »

I will not respond to this post, and suggest that others do likewise.
Tom and Jean Keevil
CD33 Rover
Ashland OR and Ladysmith, BC
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

WaywardWind...cool it!

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

I'm repeating my initial posting that started this thread.
CDSOA Webmaster wrote:Keep it civilized gang....
Don't forget that nobody has to agree with everybody, we're human with our own opinions, that's the way it's supposed to be. If you don't agree with somebody, simply state your own opinion. Please, no name-calling.

Shouldn't you guys be at work or out working (better yet, sailing) on your boats?

Gotta go -- heading down to the boatyard to remove another layer of bottom paint.
If you can't state your opinion in a respectful manner, you're doing nothing to benefit those that read it. They don't learn anything, you're not "teaching" them anything, you're not pursuading them to see things your way, you're just making folks angry. And from angry people, you'll get angry responses as off-putting as your own.

As stated in this board's FAQs:
".....In order to keep this board a safe, friendly place for discussing Cape Dory boats, negative personal comments are not permitted. Disagree with statements if you must, but don't attack other members of our community......"
Please be respectful of others whether you agree with them or not. (That goes for everybody.) And if others disagree with you, that's fine, politely agree to disagree.

Thanks,
Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
CD32 Realization, #3
Maine_Buzzard

Post by Maine_Buzzard »

Interesting, how our minds work... There is a strong tendency to believe that we are the aggrieved party in many situations.

Wonder who's doing research on online interactions, real research and not the fluff that gets to Yahoo News.

There are emotions beneath words, and we lack the capability to define or express them...
BubbaThePirate

New Word.

Post by BubbaThePirate »

Completely worth the long read . . . AND I learned a new word. "Japery" seems to be a valuable acquisition.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Eat When You're Hungry
Work When You're Broke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member #1005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Online civility

Post by Joe Myerson »

Maine_Buzzard wrote:There are emotions beneath words, and we lack the capability to define or express them...
A very sage comment. And an argument for clicking the "preview" button before clicking on "submit."

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Angela and Tom
prev. Typhoon "Dog Star"
Duxbury, MA

Japery

Post by Angela and Tom »

That's sooo funny Bubba. I went straight to dictionary.com with that one myself.

A