Diesel Mechanic in New Jersey

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Diesel Mechanic in New Jersey

Post by Sea Hunt »

I am looking for a diesel mechanic in the New Jersey area, preferably along the coast who is familiar with Yanmar.

I have spoken with Mack Boring. While they are obviously very qualified, they charge "door to door" and their hourly rate is well above my meager pension.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
Mike Pinto

NJ diesel mechanic

Post by Mike Pinto »

Try Down Jersey Marine located in Greenwich NJ on the Cohansey River off the Delaware Bay. Owners Tim & Linda Silvio
Best Yanmar mechanics and travel to marinas along the coastal NJ area Highly recommended
Mike Pinto

NJ diesel mechanic

Post by Mike Pinto »

Try Down Jersey Marine located in Greenwich NJ on the Cohansey River off the Delaware Bay. Owners Tim & Linda Silvio
Best Yanmar mechanics and travel to marinas along the coastal NJ area Highly recommended
Dean Abramson

Post by Dean Abramson »

You can say that again!
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Dean: Very funny :)

Mike: Thanks for the info. I called and left a message. Hope to hear back from them perhaps next week.

Any other marine diesel mechanic recommendations in the NJ area :?:
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097