Typhoon Nationals....

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

M. R. Bober

Typhoon Nationals....

Post by M. R. Bober »

The Rappahannock River Yacht Club and the Cape Dory Sailboat Owners' Association will be co-sponsoring the Typhoon Nationals, June 10th-12th. For more details, please check:
http://typhoonnationals.blogspot.com/

It promises to be a fine event.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster, (where full disclosure requires me to state that I am a member of both CDSOA and RRYC, but do not own a Typhoon) VA
CDSOA Founding Member
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Ty Nationals

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the news item. So that you won't be denied sailing in the Ty regatta, you are cordially welcome to use my Ty. She is almost ready to go. All she needs is to remove the winter cover, maybe a good washing, a little sanding and painting and, of course, a spiffy coat or three of brightwork varnish. I'll give you the address and number of the sailshop where you can pick up the sails that are being renewed.

My, how times have changed things. The word Rappahannock brings back fond memories. A few years back, when I was in grade school, there was a story floating around that George Washington once threw a silver dollar across the Potomac River.

Actually, this story isn't so. He really threw it across the Rappahannock River. Alas, it is impossible to do this anymore.

Why, you ask? (are you sitting down?)

You see, a dollar doesn't go as far today as it used to. :D

Have a good one,
O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
jecnnk

crew available

Post by jecnnk »

we are located on Carters Creek and I would be glad to crew for someone that needs a hand for this event.

Also, I am in the market to purchase a Typhoon so please let me know if you are considering selling yours, especially if you are in the Chesapeake Bay area. Thanks, Jim Creedon