Gotten anything done yet?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Doug Oliver
Bucks Harbor, Maine

List of projects

Post by Doug Oliver »

I've gotten so far as starting to make a list of things I would like to add or get done. I would like to add a windlass but am finding it quite tricky on a 33, macerator, midship chocks, washdown pump at the bow and a 2nd house battery. It all sounds so simple sitting here in my living room.
Dean Abramson

Still waiting

Post by Dean Abramson »

The snow bank next to the boat is almost up to the toerail. So nothing happening yet.

Plan to replace depth transducer. Will replace one or both batteries. Will hopefully install washdown/backup bilge pump, and perhaps a new VHF with AIS reception. Yard is replacing standing rigging, and new ultrasuede cushions were made in the fall.

Cannot wait to get the season underway!

Dean
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
drysuit2
Location: Segue, 1985 Cape Dory 26 Hull # 15 Port Washington NY

Post by drysuit2 »

Carter Brey wrote:
drysuit2 wrote: We've already discussed my sanity at length. Does this mean you want to come sailing tomorrow? Looks like some wind in the morning.
Frank,

I honestly would have loved to. Gotta work today. It's really too bad; it's up to 46 degrees in Central Park and the sun is shining.

CB
I missed you. Ended up surfing instead. But sailing would have been better.
Bob Ohler

Cover is off, hull is waxed!

Post by Bob Ohler »

We got the cover off and waxed the hull in record time yesterday. That leaves: seacocks, re-pack stuffing box, paint bottom (with Interlux ACT brown), and Cetol to toe-rails prior to launch.

Fair winds!

rbo
Bob Ohler
CDSOA Member #188
CD30B, Hull # 335
sv Aloha Spirit
12Sail
Urbanna, VA

Post by 12Sail »

My solar panel is just forward of the main traveler riser, sitting atop the pocket where the companionway hatch slides.
"Oh God, your ocean is so vast and my boat is so small."
John Danicic

Cockpit cover

Post by John Danicic »

A long way away from taking the cover off. Mid May at the earliest on Lake Superior. I hope to get up there near the end of the month in the mud/snow and measure for a new Garhauer Traveller

I did get a chance this January to sew up a new cockpit sunshade that zips onto the dodger. The old one got badly stained by a flock of constipated Cedar Waxwings. Nice looking birds but the berries they were eating were the pits….something made by Sherwin Williams.

Sail on

John Danicic

CD36 - Mariah- #124
Lake Superior- The Apostle Islands
CDSOA #655