Typhoon Genoa traveller and car

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
alan strowd
Location: 1974 Cape Dory Typhoon (Chelsea) Tallahassee, Florida

Typhoon Genoa traveller and car

Post by alan strowd »

I am looking to find a new car/pully for my 1974 Typhoon genoa starboard track. Does anyone know where to find a repalcement part?
Joe M
Location: 1984 CD Typhoon "Itilldoo" & CD10 No.315 Cape May, NJ

Typhoon Genoa Traveler Car

Post by Joe M »

Hi Alan - not sure exactly which part you are looking for and unfortunately I can't get to my boat for another month to have a look. I just met a guy in the phila area that bought out a sailboat parts distributer. He has a table in his basement with about 500 pulleys, cars, blocks, ratchets , etc that he's selling. I bought a bunch of stuff at very reasonable discount prices. If you send me a photo I'll get in touch with him to see if he has something that will work....you may need to replace both sides with something newer if you can't find a match. If you want to try him directly he posts on Craigs List Philadelphia search for sail boat parts & equipment (http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/2081372814.html)
Good Luck - Joe
alan strowd

Cape Cory Typhoon 1974 - Genoa Track Pully

Post by alan strowd »

Joe, thanks for the response. I'll send a photo and also try the site address you quoted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Alan
bifcondor
Location: 1971 typhoon weekender #137, "commander's moon" Biscayne Bay, FL

genoa block ?

Post by bifcondor »

I bought new blocks for my genoa tracks from schaefer. West Marine had to special order them but they had a lower price than direct from schaefer. I think the track is 3/4 inch. If this is what you are looking for.
alan strowd

genoa blocks

Post by alan strowd »

...I've lookd at West Marine's selection too and while not exactly like mine, might go that route...if this other fellow who has quite a stock of cars and blocks does not have the type I prefer.
Willie Flint
1978 - "Nautie Girl"

Try Mauri Pro Sailing

Post by Willie Flint »

They have a very wide selection of sailing hardware. Perhaps you might get lucky at the link below:

http://www.mauriprosailing.com/sailboat-track.htm
Willie Flint
1978 - "Nautie Girl"

Forgot to paste the link for the cars

Post by Willie Flint »

alan strowd

Typhoon Genoa Track Car and Pulley Block

Post by alan strowd »

...success, found the exact model of what I have.