Northeast Fleet Winter Meeting -- Jan. 22, 2011

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Northeast Fleet Winter Meeting -- Jan. 22, 2011

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

<center>CDSOA Northeast Fleet
11th Annual Northeast Fleet Meeting
Flanders Fish Market & Restaurant

East Lyme, CT
January 22nd, 2011

Please register by January 15th!
</center>
jepomer

link is incomplete

Post by jepomer »

The link was missing the first two characters:

This is the complete link.

http://www.capedory.org/fleetevents/NE- ... terMtg.pdf
John
CD25 #622
CPDE0622M78E

"You are not going to find the ideal boat. You are not even going to have it if you design it from scratch."
~ Carl Lane
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Good catch... link fixed

Post by Neil Gordon »

Good catch. I edited the link to put the two missing characters back where they belong.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Joe Montana
Member 781

Post by Joe Montana »

Just a reminder to get your registrations for the Northeast Fleet Winter Meeting in as soon as possible (we've received eight so far). The restaurant is new this year, and so is the "nautical raffle." You can check out the details of both on the registration form.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Count me in!

Post by Neil Gordon »

I'd be there even if I wasn't the Fleet Captain.

By the way, I'm working on my speech... it's the reason people come to this, right, to hear the Fleet Captain's address to the masses?

(I'm also checking out my basement and bookshelves for nifty raffle items that might better serve a lucky new owner.)
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Dick Barthel

I'm in too.

Post by Dick Barthel »

Joe, it sounds like a great location and can't wait for the d & s to flow at Leo's. Nice find. Dick
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

I am not sure why the CDSOA doesn't just hire a caterer to have the entire meeting at the Lonesome Dove. We could get all of the business out of the way quickly and get down to the real event.

One thing I would like to see is a large table where charts could be laid out and information about anchorages and attractions could be discussed with the proper beverages in hand to asses the fine points of each destination.

The new venue seems like a fine one and I assume they will turn on the heat for us as well.

Looking forward to seeing all of you before too long, Steve.
Neil Gordon

Post by Neil Gordon »

Steve Laume wrote:One thing I would like to see is a large table where charts could be laid out and information about anchorages and attractions could be discussed with the proper beverages in hand to asses the fine points of each destination.
Good idea! That just takes a few chart kits. I have an older one that goes from Block I to the Canadian border... old enough so you can spill on it and it's too old to be safe for navigation, anyway.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Neil Gordon

Capt. Norm Leblanc confirmed as speaker

Post by Neil Gordon »

Don't miss Capt. Norm Leblanc, http://www.leblancmarinesurveyors.com/norm.html, who has confirmed his availability to speak at the Northeast Fleet Winter Meeting.

Norm's notable engagements include the survey of LIQUIDITY in 1996.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Dick Barthel

Fantastic Neil..good catch

Post by Dick Barthel »

With all the questions Norm will be getting we better invite him to the reception at the Lonesome Dove.
Joe Montana
Member 781

Post by Joe Montana »

Looking for some "value-added" way to bump this thread back up toward the top of the page (in a way that Cathy won't delete) I stumbled on this...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/the- ... index.html
Neil Gordon

Happy New Year and don't forget

Post by Neil Gordon »

Just a reminder... if you haven't paid your CDSOA dues...

and if you haven't registered for the Winter Meeting... it's just three more weeks.

(I'm going to start working on my speech tomorrow. I know that's why most of you come.)
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Joe Montana
Member 781

Rough Head Count

Post by Joe Montana »

To those who have sent in your registrations for the January 22 Winter Meeting, thanks for the early response.

If you plan on attending but haven't yet registered, would you please "raise your hand" so that we can get a rough count? We're going to need it soon for planning with the restaurant. You can reply here, or send me an email. (I'm in the handy new CDSOA Directory!)

In addition to the usual good times (meeting new members and renewing old friendships, talking sailing over a winter lunch, and extending the good times at the Fleet Officer's Reception at Leo and Ruth's Lonesome Dove), Neil has lined up a great speaker. We're also holding the first Winter Meeting "Nautical Flea Market & Raffle."

Please help us come up with a good ballpark number.

Thanks.
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Raising my hand!

Post by Joe Myerson »

Joe,
Of course I'll be there. Can't speak for Lynne, who is still making up her mind.
--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Dick Barthel

Sent my check for two a few days ago..n/m

Post by Dick Barthel »

n/m