CD 10 Owners Manual or Specifications?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Chris & Dale Schnell
Location: 1969 Typhoon Weekender, MISS DALE, #27, Southport, NC

CD 10 Owners Manual or Specifications?

Post by Chris & Dale Schnell »

Amazing how things play out. Because I can't sail anymore we have our Miss Dale, 1969 Alberg Typhoon Weekender on the market.....and yesterday my next door neighbor gives me a CD 10 (he knows my love of Cape Dory's). It will be a restoration project of the hull, teak, etc., which I can do to get ready for my grandchildren. Here's the rub. I know nothing about these Cape Dory's but what's in the sales brouchure. So of course here come the questions like: how do you rig it? What flotation? Where's the hull ID located? Where do I get the specs for the interior light blue paint? Where can I purchase the sail rings for the mast? etc. etc. etc. The obvious answer is an owners manual, so is there anyone out there who has one?

Thanks in advance for the generous assistance I always get from this board!
Last edited by Chris & Dale Schnell on Nov 16th, '10, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Full Sails & Calm Seas,

Chris & Dale Schnell
s/v MISS DALE, #27
1969 Alberg Typhoon Weekender
Southport, NC
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Hi Chris & Dale,

This may help.

The CD10 uses the Spartan S1 Spar System. See Rig-Rite's web page for this system at:
http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Spartan_Sp ... ystem.html

Anyway, you'll get a pretty good idea of what the rig looks like. You can also order the parts that you'll need for the rig from them. They'll even sell you the sail if you need one.

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Chris & Dale Schnell
Location: 1969 Typhoon Weekender, MISS DALE, #27, Southport, NC

Post by Chris & Dale Schnell »

Thanks Cathy. That will help w/some of the parts & rigging. Still curious about other details like flotation, etc.
Full Sails & Calm Seas,

Chris & Dale Schnell
s/v MISS DALE, #27
1969 Alberg Typhoon Weekender
Southport, NC
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

For awhile Spartan Marine was building the CD10, they may be able to help with some parts and advice. It's worth a try anyway.

Email: info@spartanmarine.com

Phone: 800-325-3287