Re: Cape Dorys don't have to be white

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

joelcunningham
Keyport, NJ

Re: Latitude and color

Post by joelcunningham »

SPIBob wrote:Another consideration is how the color affects inside-the-hull temperature. Dark colors absorb more radiant energy and will produce higher inside temps compared to light colors. This can work for or against you depending on latitude and amount of sunlight hitting your boat.
All or the hull is either vertical or slanted toward the water. None of it faces the sun like the hood or roof of a car. The strongest midday sun rays don't really hit a dark hull at all. The morning and late afternoon rays are not nearly so strong so heating effect is nothing like that in a car. Of course, I would certainly NEVER make a deck any darker than pastel.
Brandon
Fort Lauderdale, Fl

Re: Need For Fairing

Post by Brandon »

tartansailor wrote:
Brandon wrote:
tartansailor wrote:

Hello Brandon,
Great post! very refreshing. Did not know that Awlgrip made an "Awlcraft".

If I may humbly add a foot note to your fine post I would like to point out that we are looking at a substitution nuclearphilic first order reaction rate of the reactive species; and yes, those tiny little resonating like crazy carbonium ions are planar. :)

Dick
Wow, I'm lost.... :!: :)
The road goes ever on and on,
And I must follow it if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it meets some place
Where many paths and errands meet,
And whither then I cannot say.

B. Baggins