Hi all, SunShine alive and well

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fenixrises

Hi all, SunShine alive and well

Post by fenixrises »

Hi all,

Just in case you thought SunShine and I sailed off into the void...We didn't...quite. Internet is expensive non-exsitent or spotty in some of the places I've been so decided to wait until I reached American Samoa to do an update.

They have an excellent, pretty fast wireless system here.
Any way I'll post some in the Cruiser's Corner and new pics and website updates. This will be all done in a few moments.

Take care,
Fred
You should always have an odd number of holes in your boat!
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Always glad to see you posting here. Especially with the cold weather coming. We live through your eyes!!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Duncan
Montreal, QC

A Ray of Sunshine

Post by Duncan »

Thanks, Fred, your photos and postings are a real treat.
eyeback

Rose Island East of Samoa that many people stop at

Post by eyeback »

Fred I really enjoy your posts and your practical no nonsense approach is pure inspiration. Thank you VERY much

FYI; With regard to Rose Island, I think that there are 2 that are the cause of confusion. You were correct in that there is a Rose Island that is located 100 miles east of American Samoa that is part of the Rose Atoll National Wildlife Refuge and is a restricted area managed by the US Fish and Wildlife service. There is also Rose Island that does belong to NZ but which is several hundred miles to the south of the South Island of NZ being part of the Auckland Islands. (This area is famous for the Orange Roughy that you buy at walmart.)