United States Sailboat Show--Annapolis, MD--Oct. 7-11

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

M. R. Bober

Post by M. R. Bober »

All:

You may not recognize me at the boat show. I may be in disguise. I'm thinking glasses, mustache, and large nose. Keep an eye open.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster (where it was particularly sunny today), VA
CDSOA Founding Member
Frank Vernet

Post by Frank Vernet »

I'll be standing next to Mitch with a bicycle air horn and sporting a wild orange wig.
"A sailor's joys are as simple as a child's." - Bernard Moitessier
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

I'll be wearing a CDSOA t-shirt or polo shirt or a CDSOA sweatshirt if it's cold. My own nose is big enough already.

- Cathy
M. R. Bober

Post by M. R. Bober »

http://www.usboat.com/us-sailboat-show/home

My glasses, mustache, and large nose are ready to travel.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster (1.888.701.8992 [1,44058], or http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44058), VA
CDSOA Founding Member
Russell

Post by Russell »

Well I will definately be present for the boatshow, not so unexpected delays have happened. I will likely stop in the show for one day (most likely thursday to avoid crowds). However I my boat is in walking distance to the show, so if anyone wants to organize a gathering/meetup at a rum serving establishment, I will certainly be able to make it.
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
Russell

Re: That's it? Anybody else?

Post by Russell »

MFC wrote:Got my eye on a Cape Horn windvane! We havn't confirmed our reservations since, as with everything this year, work is taking priority -- gotta make what money is there to make right now . . ..
Matt
Matt, Evan has a CD 330 as well, with a Cape Horn installed and is currently in Annapolis for the boatshow, you might want to tap him on the shoulder, I am sure he would be happy to show you his setup.
Russell
MFC
Hull No.128

Thanks Russell

Post by MFC »

I didn't know that Evan has a Cape Horn. Thanks! I will shoot him an email and see what day(s) he be around -- I would like to see his setup.

Are you planning to be around town all weekend? If so, I'd love to buy you a beer and hear about your plans for the next time out. I am tentatively planning to be there Friday -- although my work obligations are threatening to override the "plan".

Matt
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Cathy Monaghan wrote:I'll be wearing a CDSOA t-shirt or polo shirt or a CDSOA sweatshirt if it's cold. My own nose is big enough already.

- Cathy
Unfortunately our situation/plans have changed. We won't be in Annapolis for the boat show. Darn it :(

- Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Russell

Post by Russell »

Well, I went, I spent my boat bucks. Lady Pauline now has all LED lighting on the interior and brand new dome fixtures too, as well as a pre show Weems & Plath tent sale clock/barometor set for about 80% off retail.

For those going, look out for a young man who is displaying a Typhoon he restored. He got in water space to show his boat restoration buisness and his show boat is a gorgous typhoon he restored. This ty is nothing short of perfect inside and out, I told him he need to post photos here on our board. Its nice to see an Cape Dory represented at the boat show!

Anyway, for anyone attending through the weekend, I wont be going additional days, but I am still a couple blocks walk from the show, so happy to meet up with anyone for rum drinks outside the show.
Russell