WOW, who owns this

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

ronkberg

WOW, who owns this

Post by ronkberg »

big beautiful CD sitting on the mooring in Wolfboro, NH? http://www.goodhueandhawkins.com/

This is a bay on Lake Winnipesaukee and has some beauiful shore lines. Someone told me an older gentleman own her and even has one of those "push button" mainsails. What model is she and do you think I could trade him equal for my Typhoon?

The marina, Goodhue and Hawkins, sure has good taste!

Ron
Ron Kallenberg
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Sailing in Saco Bay, Maine
Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Post by Markst95 »

Ron- I'm no expert but it looks like you've contracted 12-14 foot itis. Relax, take a deep breath, and picture yourself sanding and bottom painting that beauty. Imagine having to replace the Diesel water pump. Remember how easy it is to raise/lower the mast on the Ty. Even just waxing the hull to get that incredible shine must take all day. Boy the teak looks nice. I bet I could really spread out on the bunks. Now look what you've done I'm infected...

Need to go re read that nightmare cutlass bearing post...
Kevin Kaldenbach
Location: Cape Dory 31 “Kerry Ann“. Currently in Corpus Christi TX and Typhoon Weekender “Wimpyâ€

Post by Kevin Kaldenbach »

My guess, now it is only a guess, is it might be a CD31. I cant tell for sure by the pic but the CD31 has no dorad on the front of the cabin on the port side. So if I cant see if there is a dorad, or not, or the vent for the aft head, why a CD31? Well the mast I bought when I brought my CD31 back from being tore up by Hurricane ike came from the north east because the owner of a CD31 wanted a furler mast. Oh the boat may have been called Happy Days at one time because that was what was written inside of the mast.
Kevin
CD 31 "Kerry Ann"
kaldenbach.us
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Looks like a CD31 to me....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

...but she sure is a pretty 31.
tartansailor

Black Pearl

Post by tartansailor »

It seems to me that a black hull, and even a Flag Blue hull evokes some spirit of mysticism, and a lure of excitement.

The catch is, the darker the hull, the more the imperfections stand out. Faring the hull is certainly a must, if one is contemplating a dark hull; and faring is no small task.

Dick
altontom

CD 31 Wolfeboro

Post by altontom »

It is for sure a CD31 and periodically the boat is at Wolfeboro docks offering rides for $30. I don't know the owner, but the boat is in great shape up close aside from some glazzing of deck.
ronkberg

Re: CD 31 Wolfeboro

Post by ronkberg »

altontom wrote:It is for sure a CD31 and periodically the boat is at Wolfeboro docks offering rides for $30. I don't know the owner, but the boat is in great shape up close aside from some glazzing of deck.
Thanks for the response altontom and the solution to the model. I'd been told that the teak was outstanding with many, many coats of varnish.

My itis has abated. I'll pass on the trade offer and suffer along with my GREAT TYPHOON!

Ron
Ron Kallenberg
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Kevin Kaldenbach
Location: Cape Dory 31 “Kerry Ann“. Currently in Corpus Christi TX and Typhoon Weekender “Wimpyâ€

say what

Post by Kevin Kaldenbach »

Where do I go to file a protest?
Kevin
CD 31 "Kerry Ann"
kaldenbach.us
ronkberg

Attaboy Kevin,

Post by ronkberg »

You were correct first and management appolgizes for not giving you the first prize.

Here is it: ATTABOY, you rule...... and all of the smaller CD sailors are jealous of your success.........tee hee!

Ron
Ron Kallenberg
Old Orchard Beach, Maine