Kerry Deare Summer Cruise Plans 2010

Cruising on your Cape Dory? Let us know your whereabouts and post cruise updates here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

MFC
Hull No.128

Post by MFC »

Ahoy Armond!

Are you still pinned down in NS waiting for weather? If so, are you just going to button down for another week and do some more exploring or do you plan to make day hops to take some distance off the trip back? What is your weather and planning routine?

This is a super impressive voyage you have going -- and very nice reports too (a little understated I think). I kept thinking the next foggy rock he'll come to is going to be ireland! I don't know how you manage all of the unfamiliar harbors singlehanded -- both the unfamiliarity of it and often coming off of an overnighter. Are you in any of the photos on your blog? Lots of question for you when you get back -- I want to hear more about your AIS and how it performed.

Enjoy the trip back -- it is still 90/90 here so . . . no rush!

Matt
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Find a safe place to hide....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Armond,

After Hurricane Earl heads up the U.S. east coast, the current track shows it heading straight for the Canadian Maritimes. You may not gut hurricane force winds, but it won't be pleasant either. Find a safe hurricane hole to hide in until the storm passes.

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
The Patriot

Re: Find a safe place to hide....

Post by The Patriot »

Cathy Monaghan wrote:Armond ... Find a safe hurricane hole to hide in until the storm passes ...
I arrived in New Bedford MA this morning direct from Shelburne, Nova Scotia. When they close that hurricane gate in New Bedford Harbor, we'll be in pretty good shape (smile). Thanks for the kind thoughts.
Last edited by The Patriot on Oct 2nd, '10, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
The Patriot

Kerry Deare 2010: To New Bedford MA USA

Post by The Patriot »

We arrived back in the US at New Bedford MA on 31 August 2010 with plenty of time to hunker down and wait for the hurricanes. Details here:

http://yachtkerrydeare.blogspot.com/201 ... eside.html
The Patriot

Kerry Deare 2010: Hurricanes and Seaports

Post by The Patriot »

After arriving stateside we "endured" Hurricane Earl behind the New Bedford hurricane gate, and re-visited the Mystic Seaport Museum in company with a friend's classic wood scow schooner. Details at:

http://yachtkerrydeare.blogspot.com/201 ... close.html
The Patriot

Kerry Deare 2010: Home Again

Post by The Patriot »

We transited the Long Island Sound and arrived at Toms River NJ 13 Sep 2010. Details:

http://yachtkerrydeare.blogspot.com/201 ... sland.html