Hello, Canada!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

KBKB

Hello, Canada!

Post by KBKB »

Curious how many Canadians visit/use the CD message board?

Having visited Canada (loved being there!) and will head up that way again soon, I'd like to know approx. where you sail and which CDs Canadians prefer and why.

Thanks for sharing.

KB
Duncan
Montreal, QC

Hello from Montreal

Post by Duncan »

Hi KB

I bought my CD 27 in Rhode Island and sailed it home to Montreal.

I'm not aware of any other CD's up here.

(I think many sailboats stay close to home, e.g. Tanzers were built here, and they are one of the most popular boats in local waters. Similarly, Paceships in Nova Scotia, C&C's in Ontario, Cape Dorys in New England, etc.)

I think a Typhoon or a 22 would be a great boat for around here. I like my 27 because it's not too big, but has good capability to voyage elsewhere.

Please let me know if you (or any others) are visiting Montreal - I'd be happy to take other CD'ers out for a sail.
Randy Capstick
Location: 1980 Ty Weekender, 1984 CD36 Glen Margaret, Nova Scotia, Canada

CD's in Canada

Post by Randy Capstick »

Hi KB,

I'm up here too. I live in Barrie, Ontario (60 miles North of Toronto) and keep a CD28 on Lake Huron and a Typhoon on Lake Simcoe.

Like Duncan said, you don't see too many CD's in Canada but they still turn heads and get lots of compliments.

Going Sailing,

Randy