Cape Dory 26

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Cape Dory 26

Post by Markst95 »

I was working on my boat today in Wickford RI and saw another CD looking boat in the marina. Went over to look and I'm pretty sure its a CD26. 3 bronze spartan ports per side and an outboard well. I've always liked the look of the 26's but the thing that caught my attention on this one is it had oar locks! Large wooden blocks astern of the combing winches with these big bronze oarlocks in them. Also had one on the stern which I guess is for sculling. Unfortunately didn't have my camera but I am planning on heading back Sun so maybe can take some pics. Anyones boat here??? It had an old Virginia registration on it I believe.
Droofus

I would like to see those pictures

Post by Droofus »

We have a CD 26, in Maryland. Those must be some real long oars if one person is going to row.
Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Post by Markst95 »

Turns out the boat is the CD26 bought last fall by one of our own (RIKanaka). I will defer to him to post any pics. Small world. I'm still waiting for my free Bay Cruise!
RIKanaka
Location: 1988 CD26 #73 "Moku Ahi" (Fireboat), Dutch Harbor, RI

Post by RIKanaka »

SLIDESHOW HERE from last fall. I don't have any newer pictures but, then again, the boat looks about the same now as it did then. It was nice running into you again, Mark, even though it took a minute or two for us to remember/recognize each other. I'll let you know when I finally get it in so we can take it out for a spin.
Aloha,

Bob Chinn