Any pictures of CDs being built?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

sfreihofer

Post by sfreihofer »

Oh, I agree! Wonderful thought!

Stan Freihofer
1981 CD 25 #794
Ft. Lauderdale
Instant Bubble-head. Just add water.
mahalocd36

Post by mahalocd36 »

Join the CDSOA and come to some CDSOA meetings ;-)

Dave Perry from Robinhood Marine came to one and showed a great slideshow of all sorts of historical photos like that....
Melissa Abato
www.sailmahalo.com
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Florida Fleet? Yes there is....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

The CDSOA's Central Gulf Fleet is headquartered in the Pensacola area.

There's only one way to form a fleet, it has to be done by members. So if you want one in your area, pick a place and a date, get together and form a fleet! I believe you need a minimum of 10 boats.

Cathy
Webmaster-CDSOA, Inc.
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
sfreihofer

Florida Fleet

Post by sfreihofer »

Pensacola is the Gulf side. There is no fleet on the Atlantic side of Florida, for whatever reason. So I, for one, consider CDSOA as my "fleet".

The question here is not what fleet I belong to. The question is, are there any CD construction photos available? It would be really nice to see some.

It seemed like a simple question.

Stan Freihofer
1981 CD25 #794
Ft. Lauderdale
mike ritenour

pics

Post by mike ritenour »

So why don't we approach Dave Perry to put those pics in our archive?
I'm sure he'd enjoy sharing them with all of us.
Rit
sfreihofer

Pics

Post by sfreihofer »

I, for one, would appreciate that, Rit. Good idea!

In case anyone is wondering, I am a member of CDSOA, but alas, I am fleetless by circumstance, not by choice.

Stan
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Florida Fleet? Yes there is....

Post by Neil Gordon »

Cathy Monaghan wrote:There's only one way to form a fleet, it has to be done by members. So if you want one in your area, pick a place and a date, get together and form a fleet! I believe you need a minimum of 10 boats.
Sometimes Fleets just happen, too. So instead of trying to find 10 boats to become organizational, find one boat at a time and invite them to a float in. ("Float in" is a fancy nautical term for "I'm going to be at ________ this weekend. Meet me there and I'll buy you a beer.") This message board is pretty good at getting that word out.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
sfreihofer

Re: Florida Fleet? Yes there is....

Post by sfreihofer »

Neil Gordon wrote:... instead of trying to find 10 boats to become organizational, find one boat at a time and invite them to a float in.
Another great idea, Neil! If only my boat was afloat! But I'm getting there....

www.ReefRoof.com

Stan
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Ditto what Neil said.

You may need 10 boats to form a CDSOA fleet, but it only takes 2 boats to "rendezvous". And yup, we call that a float-in. Float-ins are easy to set up and they're fun to attend (just pick a date and a place). Keep it simple and cheap by anchoring and having a potluck together.

===================
Sorry, the CDSOA doesn't have any pictures of CDs being built. I believe the photos that Dave Perry shared with us in Maine actually belong to Andy Valvolotis of Robinhood Marine Center. And I think that most of us are second or third owners and wouldn't have any photos of our boats being built. But keep asking, you might get lucky.

By the way, there are a few construction photos in the sales brochures that we have online. Look at the "1978 - Multi-product brochure-Sailboats" (at the Introduction pages); the "1986/87 - Multi-product brochure-Sailboats" (page 3); and the "1983 - CD33" (the second 1983 brochure, page 2). You'll find the sales brochures in the "Where to Look" section of our web site.

Cathy
Webmaster-CDSOA, Inc.
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
sfreihofer

Post by sfreihofer »

Thank you Cathy. You are a lady of grace and poise, and for all you do, I admire you.

Stan