Polishing Non Skid

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Polishing Non Skid

Post by Warren Kaplan »

I just finished washing the deck with boat soap and getting the winter crud off. I have so much non skid on my decks that I haven't done more than that for years, even though I have many bottles of various deck polishers from years gone by. Sure, I use it on the smooth areas of the deck but does anyone do anything "worth the effort" on non skid???
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Ron M.

Post by Ron M. »

I like to use plenty soap and one of those GARDEN HOSE attatchment pressure washers........NOT a high powered unit. Wash it down and keep wet for 20-30 minutes, so the soap has a chance to break down the dirt, then use the attatchment with a fan nozzle to blast it off.
________
Glass Bongs
Last edited by Ron M. on Feb 11th, '11, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
CaptJester

Cleaning Detail

Post by CaptJester »

Cleaning Detail by Marykate - same folks as On and Off Hull Cleaner - great stuff, and works after you wash it off as well.
Ron M.

Post by Ron M. »

On/Off is fairly potent stuff, it's acid. Works fine on gelcoat but would most probably create trouble on painted surfaces.
________
FIND HEADSHOP
Last edited by Ron M. on Feb 11th, '11, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
CaptJester

Post by CaptJester »

I wasn't suggesting to use on/off on the non-skid, I was saying use the "Cleaning Detail" made by the same company that makes on/off.