Anyone here own the CD28 or CD30 in ICW in Melbourne...

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

DaveCD28

Anyone here own the CD28 or CD30 in ICW in Melbourne...

Post by DaveCD28 »

I was sailing Sanuye north on Saturday in the ICW just north of the Eau Gallie causeway in Melbourne, florida, at around 3:30pm, and using my new video camera when a nice looking (they all look nice, don't they?) CD28 or CD30 came by heading south on a beam reach. She had a brown bimini and a rolled out 120 or 130 and full main. I was able to get a good video of her sailing by so I was wondering of anyone here owned the boat so I could send the video.

-Dave
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Did your video camera catch the name on her stern?
DaveCD28

Post by DaveCD28 »

Unfortunately the video is too grainy to distinguish the name. I will post a link to the video in the Eye-candy section as well as a video I took aboard my CD28 Sanuye.

-David
DaveCD28

Post by DaveCD28 »

Hi John,

I'm thinking it was a 30 footer because it had slightly more overhang in the rear than my 28, but it still only had four portlights. (I just checked and the 31 and 32 have four also...man, Cape Dory just built every length there is!)

That's great that you found a buyer, but sad also. Mirage is a good boat. At least you're not going to deal with what I did by having found your new boat first and then having two boats in the marina while you're trying to sell off the old one.

Did you decide what size you're going to go after? Is it the 36?