Enchiladas

Share your provisioning secrets and solutions as well as your recipes.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

barfwinkle

Enchiladas

Post by barfwinkle »

While searching the archives for other informatiin I found this great reciepe that we use around the house. Good stuff folks, especiall if you are equiped with an oven.

Okay folks here you go. Enjoy!

Two-Bean Enchiladas

1 can (8 oz) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz) pinto, black, jalapino (sp) beans (bean of choice), rinsed and drained
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
1 1/2 c. picante sauce (pick your poison)
3/4 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 c sliced green onions with tops
1 t ground cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium tomatoe (Dan Quayle hehe style), chopped
12 flour tortillas (6-7")
Optional toppings: Sliced olives, sliced radishes, shredded lettuce, sour cream

Place kidney beans in large bowl; mash with wood spoon (why wood? who knows! Fork works better); stir in other beans, 1/2 cup of picante sauce, bell pepper, green onions, cumin and garlic; mix well. Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture (a spoon full) down center of each tortilla and roll up.

place seam-side down in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Combine tomato and remaining 1 cup of picante sauce; spoon evenly over enchiladas.

Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees about 25 minutes or until heated through.

Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted (I do this uncovered), about 5 minutes.

Top as desired and serve with additional picante sauce, Spanish Rice and of course the cervesa (sp) of choice.

FOR THE OVENLESS

You could heat the ingredients in a sauce pan on (top of stove), heat the tortilla the same way and spoon in the mixture cover with cheese and picante and enjoy. (I have never tried this, but think it would work)
Bill Member #250.