Typhoon Port Lights

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Vcoast

Dover, NH

Typhoon Port Lights

Post by Vcoast »

Need to replace both portlights on a 74 Typhoon. Does anyone know of a resource for these? I was hoping to avoid the Bronze route and replace with original or similar lights, I realize the originals are very cheap, just trying to match as close as possible.
KBKB

Typhoon Portlights

Post by KBKB »

You might find information you need in the Cape Dory files here at the CDSOA website. Just find search button and go from there. Good hunting.
KB
EO

Post by EO »

Try Spartanmarine.com - this is the place the previous owner bought the ones that are currently on my boat. I've been looking at upgrading to slightly larger, opening portlights... just waiting for some cash to materialize.
Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Post by Markst95 »

The closest I could find to the old plastic ones were some from Defender but I think they were slighly larger. I ended up using the abi bronze ports which again were a little larger. They were about $50 each compared to the spartans which were around $100 each. So far after a year they have held up well and have a nice patina to them. The spartans I think were an exact fit to the old ones which would make installation easier.