Surveyor, Penobscot Maine

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

cbrenton
Cape Dory 33, Hull #75
Newington, New Hampshire

Surveyor, Penobscot Maine

Post by cbrenton »

Hi all,

My insurance company has decided that "Carol Anne" needs a survey this year. Can anyone recommend a Surveyor in the Eastern Penobscot Bay area?

Thanks,

Charlie Brenton
"Carol Anne" CD33
Klem

Post by Klem »

I had Merrill Hall of Hathaway Marine Surveyors in Portland do a prepurchase survey which I felt was pretty good. He was easy to deal with and professional and there were only a couple of places where I disagreed with his assessment.
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Robinhood Marine would be a good place to call to ask about getting an insurance survey :?: You could call Mr. Perry at Robinhood. I am sure he can recommend a good surveyor.
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
greg phillips
Seasprite 34 "Sarah".
Brooklin, Maine

Penobscot area surveyor

Post by greg phillips »

Hi Charlie,

I would recommend my friend and neighbor, Giffy Full. He does business as G.W. Full & Associates. Giffy is in So. FL for another month or so. You could contact them by going to their website.

Good luck,
Greg Phillips
Brooklin,ME
Kquist
1981 CD 30c
Hull # 194
East Greenwich, RI
CD 10, Hull #100 to be restored

Post by Kquist »

We used Kevin Harris from the Bath area. He was great and very reasonable.
Kelle & Walt Quist
Rowe, MA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails."
Mark Twain